Reporting Structure: CEO
Position exists to ensure that all production equipment is kept and maintained in good working order to ensure maximum plant availability and that buildings and assets are properly maintained within budgetary requirements.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• B Eng (Electrical) degree - mandatory
• Minimum 15 years of relevant experience
• Fluent in English
• Proficient in MS Office
Required Minimum Knowledge and Skills, Requirement (s):
• Extensive knowledge in high frequency induction welders and annealers
• Production Management experience
• Manufacturing background
• Strong financial and business acumen
• Supervisor experience
• Production Management experience
• Compressed air
• Water cooling and circulation systems
• Mechanical knowledge
• Experience in Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
• Ability to read drawings
Key Competencies Attributes:
• Highly analytical
• Planning and organizational skills
• Strong management skills / a strong leader
• Ability to prioritise and delegate responsibilities
• Ability to independently resolve conflict
• Proven business analysis and judgment
• Demonstrated ability to professionally develop and coach team members.
• Strategy development, project management, problem solving, and change management skills.
• Exceptional negotiation skills.
• Ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
• Ability to effectively present information and negotiate with all levels of management including Exco.
• Business related computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Is persuasive and can easily influence others
• Has good leadership and communications skills, both written and verbal
• Is proactive and anticipates potential problems before they can hinder a company’s success
• Possess good customer service skills
• Maintains a positive attitude and constantly encourages others
• Motivational Leader
• Technical Skills
• Performance Manager
• Communication skills
• Business acumen
• Time Management skills
• Computer skills
• Negotiation skills
• Presentation skills
• Product knowledge
• Selling skills
• Customer focused
Key Performance Areas (Essential Duties & Responsibilities):
• Manage a team responsible for plant maintenance
• Management of people.
• Liaise with the Production, Finance, Buying, QC, Warehouse departments on a daily basis
• Do skills analysis and identify on-the-job and other training opportunities to improve employees’ value and contribution to the business and themselves
• Responsible for job descriptions, shortlisting, recruitment, disciplining, dismissal and motivating team members
• Set-up performance metrics for new employees and execute performance appraisals during probation periods
• Manage engineering standby to improve plant availability and improve efficiencies
• Manage standby call-outs as well as overtime work over weekends
• Responsible for the updating of a catalogue for all engineering related parts and services to assist with reordering and repeat orders
• Identify critical spares to be kept by the spare parts warehouse
• Ensure spare parts and consumables availability
• Create preferred supplier lists
• Sign-off all requisitions, purchase orders and invoices for parts and services related to engineering activities
• Supervise daily consumable usage
• Update actual electricity, water and on sites, monthly
• Liaise with Landlord on all aspects of the buildings (including refurbishments, repairs and improvements)
• Provide finance department and landlord with a list of all activities and costs related to the buildings on a monthly basis
• Created ‘factory future layouts’ to optimise layout and space utilisation
• Determine spare capacities on utilities for future expansion
• Create yearly OPEX budget for all maintenance and repair activities on sites
• Create yearly CAPEX budget for improvement, extension and replacement projects on site
• Create yearly OPEX budget for coal, electricity, water, sewage and refuse removal of sites
• Manage budgets to ensure optimal usage of available financial resources
Are you interested in becoming a Plant Operations Officer / Sr Electrical Engineer in Mozambique? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.