Does the idea of working in a small paradise appeal to you? Perhaps looking for a change of scenery and climate? Can you speak Portuguese? We are a 5-star authentic lodge based in Mossuril Bay, Nampula Province in Northern Mozambique and are looking for a management couple to run our lodge. We are known for our hospitality and excellent service and our guests have always praised the service and treatment they received when visiting us. Of course a large part of our operation is heavily dependent on the local community and most of our staff originate from the little village nearby. Everyone is like family and work towards the common goal of treating the guest like gold. We are also an eco lodge and sustainable tourism is high on our agenda.
The ideal candidates would need to have hotel management experience and be comfortable in an environment far from city life. Candidates will also need to liaise with consultants based in Mozambique, Europe and South Africa. In addition, liaising with the marketing and social media consultants to; among other things; translate social media posts into Portuguese and to also handle reviews via Guest Revu will be required. We are all part of a team and regular communication between all parties is imperative. Of course, once you are greeted with the friendly staff and consultants, this won’t be a problem! You will be welcomed with open arms and will immediately feel like you are part of a great team! If this sounds like an ideal opportunity for you, we would love to speak to you. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Overseeing and coordinating day-to-day operations.
• Daily and monthly financial management.
• Prepare and communicate monthly management reports.
• Organize product procurement and delivery; stock management.
• Development and implementation of marketing activities and guest activities.
• Manage bookings and communicate with tour operators, travel agents and guests.
• Maintain and enhance customer relations (expanding clientele) and reputation.
HR & Staff
• Drive and motivate staff. Lead by example in a positive and enthusiastic manner.
• Maintain a safe, harmonious, enjoyable work place environment.
• Staff recruitment, staff rosters, performance reviews, staff leave.
• Design and execute staff trainings.
• Ensure to deliver a memorable experience for all guests.
• Offer a visible presence and support our guests throughout their stay.
• Inspire staff to exceed our guests’ expectations.
• Resolve and handle potential guest complaints.
Food & beverage
• Ensure excellent food and beverage quality and presentation.
• Monitor menu choices, and ensure our chefs are well supported.
• Manage the supply chain and oversee ordering and procurement.
• Oversee service at meal times.
Property & community
• Perform quality checks. Enforce compliance with quality, health and safety standards.
• Monitor proper maintenance and oversee renovations/construction projects as necessary.
• Keep good and positive relationships with the local community, district leaders, police, other (tourism) businesses and authorities in Nampula.
What we are looking for:
Skills & knowledge
• Degree and/ or experience in hotel management or leisure & hospitality.
• Proven work experience in Africa (Mozambique) for at least one year.
• A minimum of 2 years of management experience, preferably in a comparable setting.
• Leadership skills and attitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
• Excellent communication skills, experience with online marketing is a plus.
• General knowledge of Africa and specifically Southern Africa and Mozambique
• Independent, self-driven, responsible, and able to keep on top of your responsibilities even under pressure.
• Hands-on mentality, with the right ‘do what it takes’ attitude to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Service oriented with a business mindset.
• Respectful awareness of local culture.
• Positive, friendly, with an open-minded attitude towards all guests, staff and partners of the lodge.
• Creative and resourceful, even in the event of unexpected situations.
• Great eye for detail in order to provide impeccable service and thoughtful surprises.
• We are recruiting couples (single will be possible to consider)
• Availability from March 1st, 2020, and willing to work at Coral Lodge for a minimum of 2 years. Each additional year after 2 years will be appreciated by a bonus.
• Comfortable with working 7 days a week (beside vacations).
• Able to live in a remote area.
• Fluency in English and Portuguese (written/spoken). A knowledge of other languages is a plus.
• Driver’s license (preferably for both)
• Respect and concern for wildlife and conservation.
• First aid training (beneficial)
What we offer
• A fantastic workplace and the opportunity to shape the service delivery in the region
• One international flight per person, annually.
• A 3 month trial period with a compensation which is in line with market practice
• A work permit (if needed) after the trial period has been successful.
• Monthly salary (experience dependent), agreed once probation period is complete. (This is in line with market practice, as are the terms and conditions governing it).
• Daily meals and drinks, private family villa for managers
• A 4-week paid leave in the low season and several shorter leaves during the season to make up for your 7-day work week.
• Back-up support and guidance from the owners.
Are you interested in becoming a Hotel Management couple in Mozambique? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.