SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization. Founded in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in 28 developing nations in Asia, Africa, and Latin America, and provide innovative, market-driven solutions in Agriculture, Renewable Energy, and Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH). SNV works with local partners to equip communities, businesses, and organizations with the tools, knowledge, and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services. SNV USA is the organization’s United States-based 501(c)(3) affiliate connecting North American partners to SNV’s implementation capacity around the world. SNV works to empower people to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own sustainable development.
SNV is currently seeking experienced Chief of Party (COP) candidates for an upcoming 5-year USAID-funded integrated Nutrition and WASH Project in Mozambique. Transform Nutrition will be USAID’s flagship activity supporting the development of a comprehensive multi-sectoral approach to nutrition through programming modelled in select districts in Nampula province.
The Chief of Party will provide overall leadership, management, and general technical direction for the entire program, ensuring an integrated vision among diverse components and actors, and focusing on achieving the desired results. This position will be responsible for overall activities of sub-recipients, and leading program-focused strategic planning and decision making. The Chief of Party will work directly with USAID and will be a key liaison to implementing partners, other stakeholders, and other SNV programs. The Chief of Party will supervise project staff including professional performance management and coaching.
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant field, such as Public Health, Public Administration, Environmental or Civil Engineering.
- Previous experience as COP, or similar senior management position for USAID-funded projects of a similar magnitude and complexity, and a thorough understanding of USAID policies and procedures.
- At least 10 years of experience designing, implementing and managing WASH projects including urban and rural WASH, behaviour change, institutional development and capacity building of local service providers in a developing country context. Ideally in Mozambique.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible supervisory experience, including direct supervision of professional and support staff; quality evaluation of staff performance and deliverables; and contracts/grants management.
- Fluency in both English and Portuguese is required.
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a highly professional and diverse working environment. Please note the position is contingent upon award. The anticipated start date is on or around July 2019.
Are you interested in becoming a Chief of Party in Mozambique? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.