For one of our ongoing programmes in Mozambique, we are looking for a Deputy Team Leader (DTL) / Finance Manager. The programme is called Skills for Employment (S4E) and the working title is JOBA. JOBA is focused on the development of a more robust labour market and a better prepared work force that is ready to meet the demands of a modern Mozambican economy.
The JOBA programme is targeting the improvement of the training market to overcome the mismatch between the supply and demand of labour. JOBA aims to build constructive partnerships between non-state technical and vocational education and training (TVET) providers, the private sector, and the Mozambican government, supporting an inclusive approach to job creation.
The Financial Manager /Deputy Team Leader forms part of the senior management team of the JOBA Programme, implementing the S4E programme of DFID. The FM/DTL is the overall in charge of the finances of the programme and of the financial aspects of the Employment Fund. In addition the FM/DTL leads the JOBA team in terms of operations, including administration, human resources management and the functioning of the team. This includes issues like safety and security, team meetings, budgeting and forecasting, financial reporting, quarterly reporting.
S/he deputises the Team Leader where and when necessary.
The Financial Manager /Deputy Team Leader is responsible for the following:
1. Contribute to programme planning (logframe, ToC, annual and quarterly plans);
2. Establishment of financial management systems to plan, monitor and report expenditure (both for the investments and the Fund Manager’s own expenditure);
3. Overseeing the Accountant and the Office Manager in preparing of and reporting on the project accounts;
4. Preparation of revolving 3 monthly budget forecasts and monitoring of the same;
5. Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial and HR reports;
6. Support TL and Grant Manager in strategic positioning of the Employment Fund;
7. Development of processes for disbursing funds and the oversight of the same, including the monitoring and reporting systems;
8. Supervising the contracting and management of the investments under the Fund;
9. Preparation and finalisation of contracts between BMB Mott MacDonald (acting on behalf of DFID) and the successful applicants, incorporating the conditions of the grant disbursement set out by the Investment Committee. Contracts must be in alignment with the World Bank’s anticorruption guidelines and with the DFID Guidelines on investment in the private sector;
10. Ensuring that the funds are disbursed in accordance with the signed contract;
11. Contribution to the annual work plans for the Employment Fund;
12. Support the development and management of the Grievance Redressal Mechanism for the Employment Fund.
- The FM/DTL is a holder of a Masters degree in Economics, Accounting or a similar field
- Experience in project management is a plus, in particular in the field of grant management
1. Must write excellent English (preferably native speaker) and speak/read Portuguese
2. Have proven analytical capacity (we are NOT looking for an accountant)
3. Be familiar with (financial) management donor projects and project management
4. Preferably have a background in grant management
5. Have proven knowledge and experience in administration and HR
6. Is able to represent the JOBA Programme through presentations and in client and stakeholder meetings.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. The employer will do the recruitment process himself. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but we don’t have any influence on this concerning this job.