Employment start: June 2018
Contract duration: 2 years with option of renewal
Place of work: Nampula in Mozambique. With frequent travel to all districts in the provinces of Nampula and Cabo Delgado.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Lead the implementation of the Project “Horti-sempre” Phase II with the team of national professionals, funded by the Swiss Development Cooperation. The Project being implemented using the Inclusive Market approach.
• Integrating small farmers into value chains by strengthening market access;
• Supporting the creation of irrigation systems, underground dams as well as the integration of small animal and horticulture in value chain;
• Integrating women that need access to the skills and resources necessary to compete in agricultures markets
• Coordinating and preparing work plans, ensure the planning, reporting and implementation are made according to the Swisscontact guiding principles, rules, regulations and project documents;
• Ensuring efficient use of the financial resources and compliance with and reporting on the budget;
• Anticipating purchasing needs and oversee procurements to maintain compliance with donor regulations for procurement;
• Networking with other organisations such donors, consultants and other implementing organisations and represent Swisscontact’s interests towards partner organisations;
• Ensuring quality monitoring and results measurement and that all reports to donors are submitted in a timely manner;
• Actively supporting the region Central, East and Southern Africa with information on potential new projects.
Profile / Experience:
• At least 6 years of experience in a project management position in development cooperation, managing teams of minimum five people;
• Preferably education and experience in the field of agribusiness, agricultural economics and Private Sector Development in the agriculture sector, carried out under inclusion of the gender criteria’s;
• Participated in thematic conversations with local private and public partners, donors and international experts;
• Strong organizational, planning, managerial skills and experience working in inter-cultural teams and environments;
• Strong interpersonal, empathy, communication, motivation, presentation and moderation skills;
• Familiar with result-based project delivery and good report writing skills;
• Knowledge and experiences in Monitoring and Results Management is an advantage;
• Very good Portuguese communication skills (verbal and written) and excellent English communication skills (verbal and written).
We especially encourage women to apply.
We offer you a challenging scope of duties with personal responsibility.
Are you interested in becoming a Project Manager in Mozambique? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.