Portfolio Manager for Mauritania (m/f) & constitution of recruitment pool for other countries.
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements and coordinates Belgium’s international development policy and primarily works for the Belgian State. The agency also implements actions for other national and international donors. Enabel has 1400 staff, of which more than 70% is local personnel. Enabel manages about 150 projects, mostly in fragile states in Africa.
In Mauritania Enabel executes projects financed by the European Union.
One of these projects is the RIMDIR project (Strengthening productive and energy investments in Mauritania for the sustainable development of rural areas – € 25 million).
Another one is a European health sector support programme (AI PASS project – € 7.75 million).
A third intervention (€ 17 million) is being formulated. Enabel aims to still further expand its scope of action in the country.
This selection procedure for Mauritania will also be an opportunity for establishing a recruitment pool for future Country Portfolio Manager job openings in other countries.
For Enabel Mauritania is a country of cooperation thanks to European funds. Mauritania is not one of Belgium’s bilateral cooperation partner countries.
Because of the size of the existing and planned portfolio, Enabel is looking for a Manager to ensure overall supervision of all projects (Country Portfolio Manager) in view of achieving results as well as for operational and hierarchical management of partner country and international staff.
As the Country Portfolio Manager, you will have to:
• Coordinate all actions of the portfolios in the country concerned in collaboration with the action officers and the partners;
• Ensure the operational quality of the actions in accordance with the fixed objectives and means as well as with the strategic choices and with the decisions of the country portfolios steering committees;
• Ensure optimal use of available resources whilst respecting Enabel rules and procedures;
• Manage the teams for which you are hierarchically responsible in order to dispose of qualified and motivated personnel;
• Develop the portfolios of actions for third-party donors in the country and other countries of the region.
· A Master's level degree.
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in programme or project management;
• Experience of at least 5 years as team manager.
Required knowledge and skills
• Knowledge of the development actors and of financing instruments;
• Thorough knowledge of project and programme management methodologies;
• Ability to develop and manage inter-institutional relations (networking);
• Innovative, business-developing results-based mind with negotiator talents.
• Excellent speaking and writing skills in French and English.
We are looking for strong leaders, who can ensure the global follow-up of several programmes simultaneously, assume responsibilities and take decisions.
In addition to operational management, the Country Portfolio Managers must dispose of strategic thinking skills feeding into and contributing to Enabel’s approach in their country of assignment (and beyond).
We offer you
A 48-month contract, with duty station at Nouakchott (capital), including punctual inland assignments.
Ideal starting date: November 2019
Monthly salary package (for Mauritania): Category A528 i.e. between 6.768,39 euros and 9.788,66 euros (this includes the gross monthly salary and the expat benefits: hardship allowance and expat allowance). The salary will be calculated in function of the actual years of relevant experience.
Furthermore, our expatriate staff members are also offered expat benefits such as a (capped) housing allowance, a moving allowance, an installation allowance, coverage of school costs for children accompanying, an insurance package for the whole family, including repatriation insurance, and an annual round-trip flight ticket for each family member.
Are you interested in becoming a Portfolio Manager for Mauritania? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.