Experience: Junior level (2-y experience minimum)
Industry: Agriculture and Insurance
Compensation: Salary, bonus, stock options
OKO uses technologies to create and distribute affordable crop insurance products in emerging markets to protect smallholder farmers against climate risks. We use satellite weather information to analyse risk of specific events (e.g. drought, flood, hurricane) and create a parametric insurance product that compensates farmers as soon as this event is detected. OKO also uses mobile technologies (SMS, USSD, Mobile Money) to offer these insurance products to un-banked populations.
OKO won the 2018 Orange Social Venture Prize and is part of the Techstars network of start-up OKO has Barclays among its shareholders and is also supported by the European Commission.
Responsibilities include running the day-to-day operational activities in Mali as well as P&L responsibility, stakeholder management, product management, new product development, administration of distribution channels, and people management. Overall, the Country Manager must be attuned to value the details as well as be able to understand and drive towards the big picture. Analytical and quick thinking in a fast-paced environment are essential. The Country Manager is an enthusiastic problem solver and thrives on being engaged at all levels of the operation in Mali. As the key point of contact for our business partners and the local team, the Country Manager plays a pivotal role in the success of our local operation.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Execution of current plans and development the operation in the market - working with local OKO team, local mobile operator team and local insurance company to achieve agreed mid and long-term plans and goals
• Responsible for meeting subscriber targets and cost efficiency initiatives for the local entity as a whole (P&L responsibility)
• Carry out day-to-day activities and monitor performance of members of the local team (including a project manager and sales agents) and ensure work is progressing as planned
• Manage schedules, budgets, financials, and overall company organization to ensure plans and new projects are clearly communicated, understood and executed upon
• Ability to multi-task across several initiatives
• Effectively and efficiently plan and prioritize all resources working across the operation based on company goals
• Actively monitor risks to foresee potential issues and proactively identify solutions to address them in advance
• Consistently identify new opportunities and needs that clients may not recognize and ensure approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs
• Consistently manage client relationship and expectations, ensure delivery of the highest quality service, and solicit and act on client feedback.
• Languages: fluent in French and English. Bamara is a plus.
• 2 years minimum work experience within an implementation/operational role in the telecoms space, consulting or equivalent experience in PMO in this sector
• Looking for someone eager to live and work in Mali and enthusiastic about running and developing an operation
• Demonstrated ability to motivate, support and understand different stakeholders and cultures, ideally in emerging markets
• Strong attention to detail, with focus on stakeholder management, product management, product development and performance of distribution channel
• Experience in sales is a plus but not a must
• Experience within Africa, Lat-Am and emerging Asia/Pacific or insurance industries is a plus but not a must.
• Candidates with a WAEMU region nationality will be considered in priority (Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Guinea-Bissau, Mali, Niger, Senegal, and Togo)
Are you interested in becoming a Country Manager in Mali? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.