For our client active in the energy sector we are recruiting a Country Director for their activities in Malawi.
The overall purpose of this job is to manage the day to day operations and activities of the projects in Malawi and associated countries/projects.
- Design, update and assess/review the country strategy. Lead on the implementation of the strategy with support and guidance from the CEO and the project board.
- Manage and support all operations and departments; overseeing the development, and maintenance of operational procedures for individual projects.
- Monitor external and country-specific trends to anticipate future needs and requirements for all stakeholders.
- Operate the company and its projects with due regard to health and safety, as directed by the board of the company from time to time.
- Oversee all day-to-day operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission.
- Take responsibility for the implementation of business plans and strategies.
- Drive and implement any corporate restructuring plans that would increase efficiencies, as directed by the board of the company from time to time.
- Identify and manage risks to the business.
- Target and initiate business partnerships with other companies
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s legality and business ethics.
- Oversee employment and ensures there are sufficient staff to implement the business strategy.
- Lead and motivate subordinates to advance employee engagement and develop/retain a high performing managerial team.
- Attend board meetings as well as hold director positions where required on any subsidiary investments.
- Build trust relations with key partners, lenders and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for these parties.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and industry of the company.
- To carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the board.
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
Education & Professional Qualifications:
- Relevant Bachelor's degree
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in the Renewable Energy Sector
- Must have demonstrated ability to handle departmental budgets, resources, processes, projects, and relationships;
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate departmental goals;
- Must demonstrate the ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines;
- Should have strong analytical and be result-oriented;
- Must have high standards of integrity and ethical practice;
- Must be capable of functioning effectively both as a team player and a team leader;
- Must have strong management and Leadership skills;
- Must have the ability to accurately plan work assignments, prioritize tasks and deliver deadlines;
- Should have problem-solving and decision-making abilities;
- Should be an effective communicator with the ability to handle both internal and external communication;
- Should demonstrate the ability to identify and respond to risk areas within the department;
- Should have effective people management and conflict resolution skills; and strong liaison, interpersonal skills.
Are you interested in becoming a Country Director in Malawi? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.