Our client, active in technical installations across Sub-Sahara Africa, is looking for an Inventory & Purchasing Manager to be based at their location in Malawi.
We are looking for a result driven Inventory & Purchasing Manager, who is responsible for overall Store management, Dispatching, Inventory & Purchasing processes, as well as for fleet, spare parts, and training.
• Ability to read and understand Bill of Material;
• To implement, operate and maintain online procurement system and stock management system
• Supplier liaising to get best rates
• Inventory management: cleaning up slow moving stock, maintain good inventory levels
• Work with parties to resolve issues such as minimizing stock returns by developing, implementing and improving operational procedures
• Effectively handle Purchase Order and Stock Management Queries
• Compile weekly and monthly reports for Management
• Liaise with staff members regarding various stock requirements
• Monitor stock levels and place orders as needed
• Bcom in Business Administration, Finance, Supply chain management or similar
• Experience in implementation, operation and maintaining online procurement and stock management systems
• Solid knowledge of data analysis, inventory management software, and forecasting techniques.
• 5-7 years’ experience in a similar role
• Strong communication skills – Excellent command of the English language
• Leadership comes natural to you
• Excellent skills in MS Office
• Strong (project) management and interpersonal skills