This lodge is a stylish contemporary lodge from a unique blend of African designs, furniture, fabrics and personal collectables. The guest lodge has 10 varied collection of rooms, all en suite, and a restaurant for residents to dine. Each room is named after an African country, style or culture and decorated in that particular style. Tourists, business persons and transit visitors come to appreciate the tasteful and comfortable accommodation, warm hospitality and excellent collection of African arts and crafts
- The Host is end responsible for the lodge. He / she will be living on the premises and is first point of contact for the guests. The host has main responsibilities:
- Deliver excellent customer service at all times, ensuring guests comfort and safety
- Deal with all enquires in a professional and courteous manner, in person, on the telephone or via e-mail
- Deal with customer complaints in a professional manner
- Prepare a weekly dinner menu together with the Kitchen staff. Train and monitor the kitchen staff about food , drinks and nutrition, serving standards and kitchen hygiene.
- Entertaining and hosting, reception, restaurant and the bar are main areas of attention.
- Also managing approximately 13 staff of gardeners, builders, receptionist, bar staff, cooks and cleaners is a continues task. Every day is different and the manager is challenged with another challenge every day.
- Checking the rooms on cleanliness on a daily base and check if all equipment is in order.
Main thing is to keep the customers satisfied whilst running all other work at the same time. A challenging job!
- Language: English and preferable other languages
- Experience: Hospitality, tourism, leadership skills, people manager
- Affinity with Food and willing to work together with the cooks to improve their knowledge of food and recipes.
- Others: Driver’s license
Somebody that wants to work in a different environment with a lot of patience - good communication skills – authority – a lot of energy and willing to make long days.
Terms of employment:
- First 3 months USD 200 plus accommodation and food allowance
- After 3 months USD 500 plus accommodation and food allowance
- 6 day workweek, 1 day off
Are you interested in becoming a Host Executive Lodge in Malawi? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.