Are you a hands-on, friendly multi-tasker? And do you enjoy nature, peace and quiet? We are looking for you!
Ntchisi Forest Lodge sits on the foot of one of the last remaining indigenous rainforests in an isolated spot near Lilongwe, Malawi’s capital. You can relax whilst enjoying stunning mountain and lake views, experience the warm-hearted hospitality of a part of rural Malawi where tourists are still a rarity, and enjoy relaxing and walking in the beautiful scenery.
Ntchisi Forest Lodge in Malawi is looking for a host/general manager from May.
What are your tasks?
• Receive and accommodate guests, make them feel at home.
• Manage bookings, enquiries, feedback, etc.
• Manage part of the team and helping with all tasks.
• Administration, bookkeeping and reporting.
• Make sure facilities and grounds are properly maintained.
• Maintain forest trails in cooperation with community.
• Manage and stimulate the community projects that are undertaken by the lodge.
• Marketing and liaison: manage contact with tour operators, distributing posters and leaflets, etc.
• Shopping for the lodge in Lilongwe on a regular basis.
• Make sure all taxes and levies are paid regularly.
• Pick-up and drop-off guests if so required.
• And all other odd tasks that are involved in running a small Eco lodge: solar system maintenance, gardening, meetings with community, forestry, district officials, etc. etc.
What do we offer?
• We offer you the opportunity to stay in this gorgeous unspoiled and remote environment.
• An interesting benefits package (a small honorarium and Room and Board).
• A dynamic and challenging job.
• Lots of opportunities to bring-in new ideas.
• A great addition to your CV.
• An initial contract for one year.
• Regular on the job coaching and support, continuous distant support
• An adventure of a life time.
What kind of person are you?
• Basically you are a sheep with five legs.
• You are an excellent host and enjoy receiving and serving people and making them feel welcome.
• You have experience in the hospitality sector
• You are very honest and trustworthy.
• You don’t have a nine to five mentality
• You have a valid driving license.
• You don’t mind hard work and long days if the business requires it.
• You have a can do mentality and look for opportunities instead of difficulties
• You have an eye for hygiene and security
• You are self-motivated and can motivate others
• You enjoy networking and building relations.
• You speak fluent English and if you speak an additional language this is an asset.
• You are computer literate and write well.
• You have experience in (simple) book keeping.
• You are available from May 2017.
• If you have any of the following qualities they will be considered as assets: Prior experience in Africa, cooking, you are a handy-(wo)man, gardening, leading outdoor leisure activities, marketing experience.
• We prefer a couple over a single person due to all the tasks involved and qualities needed to run the lodge. Not saying that individuals may not respond.
If we see potential we will contact you and arrange for an interview.
Interviews will take place in week of 13th March.
Please note that we can only respond to shortlisted candidates. Acquisition on this position is not accepted.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. The employer will do the recruitment process himself. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but we don’t have any influence on this concerning this job.