AGIAMONDO is the personnel service of the German Catholics for Development Cooperation. In the Civil Peace Service (CPS) we offer development workers a meaningful role working with local development agents. The CPS is a personnel programme for peace-building and the prevention of violence in crisis and conflict regions. It sets out to promote a world in which conflicts are settled without violence. Working with church-related and civil-social partner organisations in Liberia, AGIAMONDO aims to make a contribution towards civil conflict management and the sustainable and equitable development of the country through peace-building measures.
To support the human rights work of our partner organisation Foundation for International Dignity (FIND), we are looking for an Organisational Developer, Advisor and Trainer for Peace Work (m/f/d), Gbarnga, Liberia
Your new role
The Foundation For International Dignity (FIND) was founded in 2002 as a human rights organisation to promote justice, respect for human rights, good governance and the rule of law in Liberia. Since then, FIND has been working towards peaceful coexistence among the country’s various population groups and assisting victims of human rights violations. Through mediation services, dialogue programmes and educational events in the communities, FIND supports the local population, while at national level it works to change the political framework through lobbying and advocacy initiatives.
In recent years, FIND has become increasingly active in the area of resource conflicts in rural Liberia. As part of its strategic planning for the years ahead, the organisation would like to strengthen its team, which is still very young in parts, and adapt the organisational structure to the changing challenges in order to continue to support and strengthen local dialogue, peace and reconciliation processes effectively.
Specifically, you will carry out the following tasks:
• You will support FIND in developing a new strategy for its human rights, peace and reconciliation work. You will support the team in conflict analysis and advise the organisation on all aspects of its work at local, regional and national level.
• You will assist the managing director in the areas of organisational development and project management and advise them on their leadership role and team development.
• You will work as a coach and mentor for staff and volunteers associated with the organisation in the region.
• You will train your colleagues in project planning, execution, monitoring and evaluation and help to establish and continuously improve appropriate processes in the organisation.
• You will advise the organisation on the conceptual development of local dialogue events and human rights work and help in the development and documentation of best practice examples and lessons learned.
• You will be responsible for the proper spending and management of funds locally in accordance with the donor and AGIAMONDO guidelines. In doing so, you will work in partnership with FIND.
• You have a university degree in social sciences, social work/social education, adult education or a comparable subject and have already been able to gain professional experience in the Global South.
• You have many several years of experience working in organisational development and project management, ideally in community-based organisations in rural areas and under simple conditions in Africa.
• You are familiar with various consulting, coaching and mentoring approaches and are used to planning and implementing tailor-made support and guidance services for individuals and teams.
• You are interested in human rights, peace-building and reconciliation work and are prepared to familiarise yourself with the basics of this field of work as part of your preparations. Previous experience in this area would be an advantage.
• You can communicate in fluent English, verbally and in writing.
• You are an EU or Swiss citizen and identify with the goals and concerns of church development and peace-building work and are a member of a Christian church.
What AGIAMONDO offers
• Individual and thorough preparation
• Three-year contract, social security and remuneration in accordance with the German Development Aid Workers Act (Entwicklungshelfergesetz)
• Cultural, language or other professional training, as well as coaching and supervision, individual advice
We look forward to receiving your complete online application by no later than 27/09/2020.
Are you interested in becoming an Organisational Developer in Liberia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.