The Program and Business Development Specialist is mission motivated and an analytical thinker – s/he will have strong proposal writing and coordination skills and be able to multi-task, working within tight timelines. S/he will build internal capacity and systems for new business development. S/he will be embedded within the clinical team in Harper (Maryland County) to translate promising programs into technical proposals that result in funding for innovation and scale-up while working under the broader policy and partnership team structure.
- Proposal Development (70%)
- Lead the development of proposals including developing bidding strategy, coordinating the proposal team and process, driving proposal processes forward, controlling quality and strategic alignment of all proposal pieces (technical content and costing), and being responsible for on-time submission in line with donor requirements, in coordination with PIH Boston development team colleagues and PIH Liberia colleagues.
- With support from the Director of P&P, handle negotiations and communications with sub and prime organizations within Liberia
- Facilitate proposal design meetings with clinical/technical team member from each relevant department to develop overall project design including the technical strategy, management plans and logical frameworks.
Lead technical proposal writing.
- Manage the submission to award process for select proposals.
- Lead grant launch to hand over grant to the Program team upon award.
Other tasks as assigned
- Strategic Positioning (10%)
- In collaboration with the P&P Director, contribute to annual and multi-year business development strategies that leverage PIH capabilities to identify new partnerships.
- Coordinate pre-bid efforts, including proactively gathering information and identifying potential partners and staff prior to official announcement.
- Conduct both general outreach and more regular communications with donors and implementing partners and, in general, gather and provide cogent analysis of available business intelligence.
- Understand relative strength and weaknesses of potential collaborators and competitors to inform PIH Liberia proposal strategy.
- Consider potential opportunities, intelligence, and information from positioning efforts and prepare analysis for specific bid and partnership recommendations.
- Monitor current public and private sector donor priorities and general bilateral and multilateral funding trends.
System Building Efforts (20%)
- Support the implementation of new business development tracking tools and systems.
- Manage communication flow with Boston-based public sector development and foundation teammates, including responding to requests, ensuring timely submissions and defining work flows.
- Maintain the fundraising pipeline to assess potential and generated revue and present to the Senior Leadership Team on a quarterly basis
- Build capacity across PIH Liberia departments in the area of new business development through training and hands-on support.
- Master’s Degree in public health, epidemiology, health care management, international development, or public policy, or equivalent experience in grant writing/new business development;
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- Significant experience with institutional donors, including EU, USG and/or other public sector funding is required.
- Experience working in global health with other global health organizations, supporting program design and implementation required.
- Excellent coordination, writing, and communications skills; ability to conceptualize and articulate funding needs persuasively to potential funders.
- Proven track record in proposal coordination and writing, including organizational skills and management of deadlines.
- Ability to manage complex projects from creation to completion, prioritize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and country.
- Commitment to health as a human right and social justice required
- International work experience necessary; prior experience in West Africa a plus.
- Willingness to spend up to one month per quarter in Harper.
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Kazakhstan, Sierra Leone, and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women's Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities.
Are you interested in becoming a Senior Program and Business Development Specialist in Liberia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.