Position Title: Operations Coordinator – Monrovia
Reporting to: Director of Operations
Location: Montserado County, Liberia
Partners in Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and work closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
The Operations Coordinator provides oversight to the transport, residential, Staff Ops, Security and general operations for Montserado county, working hand in hand with the Supply Chain and Procurement team
- Work with departmental and program manager/directors to set monthly priorities and determine key tasks.
- Takes responsibility for overall operations in Monrovia and Montserado County
- Assist departmental and program Managers/Directors in day-to-day coordination and management of program operational activities.
- Monitor, control and manage operations to meet staff expectations and organizational goals.
- Takes accountability for operations processes including quality assurance, control, and compliance.
- Manage operations staff and to create feasible work plans that harmonize with one another.
- Work closely with country leadership to develop, communicate, and implement the strategic priorities of the county
- Communicate regularly with site operations managers and supply chain managers/officers to cross-share information and troubleshoot.
- Collaborate across the team to create and present timelines and GANTT charts for key initiatives to facilitate planning and decision making.
- Maintain accurate operations materials and documents for reference purposes
- Coordinate project launches, organization meetings, and seminars by ensuring that all logistics are managed properly
- Work with transport officer in making sure fuel usage for vehicles and generators is managed efficiently and all protocols are followed
- Coordinate all fleet and generator, including tracking, parking, repairs, cleanliness, and movement
- Manage operations equipment’s spare parts usage making sure all procedure and protocols are adhered to within delivery, distribution, and usage.
- Identify problems in operations process and resolve them in quickly and timely manner.
- Work with the supply chain in making sure medicine from MOH NDS to the to the MOH field sites warehouse are transported.
- Coordinate activities with procurement manager to ensure delivery of supplies and equipment in a time efficient manner
- Oversee inventory of supplies and equipment and make sure that any low stock levels are immediately communicated to procurement manager
- Work with Transport officer in supervising and supporting drivers and mechanical staff member to optimize his/her time and respond to unforeseen issues.
- Supervise all staff operation and residential team in Monrovia
- work with HR in systems reviews, policies, and procedures to maximize capacity and efficacy at county and national levels.
- Ensure systems are in place for clear communication between HR and operations team
- Ensure all operations staff are compliance with organization standards and procedures.
- Evaluate current operational performance including staff and provide strategic plan for improvements.
- Provide recommendations for disciplinary actions including reprimanding, suspension and termination
Are you interested in becoming an Operations Coordinator in Liberia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.