Job location: Monrovia, Liberia
Starting date: As soon as possible
Vacancy closing date: 22th of May 2017
Duration position: 12 months renewable
Workhours: Full time
ZOA is an international NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. The work of ZOA is coordinated from Apeldoorn, the Netherlands. From Apeldoorn ZOA operates in fifteen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA works approximately with 1000 employees worldwide.
ZOA works in Liberia since 2003. It provides support to communities that have been affected by the 14 years of civil war. It also assists communities that have been affected by other crises (e.g. ebola). ZOAs key areas for intervention in Liberia are a) Food Security and Livelihoods (e.g. cassava value chain development), b) Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (e.g. professionalization of the manual drilling sector), and c) Peace-building at community-level (e.g. socio-therapy). ZOA implements its Liberia program with own staff and with national civil society organizations (hybrid implementation model). ZOA works in close cooperation with local government authorities (especially at county and district level) and with international non-government organizations (e.g. in the form of consortia). ZOA program funding comes from a wide variety of sources, including EU, UN, Dutch Government, and private back donors.
The Program Advisor’s (PGA) responsibility is to guarantee a high quality programme design by ensuring line management with expertise and knowledge. The PGA will provide major input in programme formulation and monitoring as well as the development of project proposals for potential donors.
As Programme Advisor you are a member of the Liberian Management Team and you are accountable to the Liberian Country Director.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Advise and support Programme Managers on the development of Programme Plans;
- Manage the project design and proposal writing;
- Manage the monitoring of project implementation and ensure the quality;
- Ensure compliance with donor reporting requirements;
- Manage project evaluations;
- Development, support and monitoring the implementation of strategies and corresponding systems for beneficiary accountability;
- Innovation in programme design and execution;
- Contributes to partner capacity enhancement in programme related areas;
- Ensuring gender and conflict sensitive project design and implementation.
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA
- University degree in a humanitarian, development or other relevant field;
- At least three years field experience in a development country;
- Command of English;
- Project Cycle Management;
- Research skills.
- Conceptual flexibility;
- Logical thinker;
- Strong formulation and writing skills;
- Customer-friendly attitude;
- Result-oriented approach;
- Interpersonal sensitivity.
- Frequent field visits/work and travels are required
- This location is a family station
ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team in the programme country and good benefits and remuneration which suits the charities sector.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com.
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. A written test will be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.
Are you interested in becoming a Programme Advisor in Liberia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.