AGIAMONDO is the personnel service of the German Catholics for Development Coopera-tion. In the Civil Peace Service (CPS) we offer development workers a meaningful role working with local development agents. The CPS is a personnel programme for peace-building and the prevention of violence in crisis and conflict regions. It sets out to promote a world in which conflicts are settled without violence. Working with church-related and civil-social partner or-ganisations in Liberia, AGIAMONDO aims to make a contribution towards civil conflict ma-nagement and the sustainable and equitable development of the country through peace-buil-ding measures.
For the expansion and further development of a Master's programme of the Institute "Mother Patern College of Health Sciences (MPCHS) we are looking for a person to fill the following position as soon as possible Instructor in psychosocial counselling, teaching and social work, Monrovia, Liberia
Your new role
Due to 14 years of civil war and the subsequent Ebola epidemic in 2014/2015, Liberia's healthcare system has largely collapsed. There are too few trained staff members to help people deal with their traumatic experiences and to provide the basic medical care they need.
Mother Patern College of Health Sciences (MPCHS) is one of five institutes of higher learning of the Stella Maris Polytechnic of the Catholic Archdiocese of Monrovia. The mission of MPCHS is to provide comprehensive academic, vocational and technical skills to enable students to respond with dignity and well-preparedness to the rapid develop-ments in Liberia.
Specifically, you will carry out the following tasks:
- You will assist in the further development and implementation of the two-year course leading to a Master's degree in Social Work with a focus on psychosocial counselling and trauma work.
- You will further develop the curriculum for social work counselling and prepare didactic teaching materials.
- You will be part of the MPCHS faculty and introduce new seminar content to share with your colleagues.
- You will mentor students in the area of counselling and lead supervision sessions.
- You will ensure the proper disbursement and administration of funds locally in accordance with the donor guidelines and AGIAMONDO specifications. You will be working in part-nership with MPCHS in this regard.
- You have a university degree in (clinical) psychology, psychiatry, social work or another field relevant to the job, and have already gained several years of professional experience, ideally also in a post-conflict country.
- You are familiar with cognitive and behavioural therapy methods, client-centred or narrative approaches.
- You already have teaching experience in higher education.
- You are willing to work in hierarchical structures and possess a high level of intercultural competence.
- You can communicate in fluent English, verbally and in writing.
- You are an EU or Swiss citizen and identify with the goals and concerns of church development and peace work.
What AGIAMONDO offers
- Individual and thorough preparation
- Three-year contract, social security and remuneration in accordance with the German Development Aid Workers Act (Entwicklungshelfergesetz)
- Cultural, language or other professional training, as well as coaching and supervision, individual advice
Are you interested in becoming an Instructor in Psychosocial Counselling, teaching and social work in Liberia? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.