PLANET S.A., for the purposes of a recently awarded EU funded Framework Contract in Liberia with the title “MPW Materials Laboratory Manager“ is looking for a qualified Materials Laboratory Manager (260 working days, all on-site, from October 2016 till October 2018) with the following qualifications:
• Bachelor degree Academic Level in Civil engineering or, in the absence of that, general professional experience of at least 8 years after secondary education and specific professional experience as Civil Engineer or Laboratory expert or manager.
• More than 20 years of professional experience with proven, extensive experience in the specific field of road engineering and materials laboratory testing.
• Familiarity with EU procedures.
• Excellent communication skills and be able to create a relation of trust with the staff of the Ministry of Public Works of Liberia, and the European Commission Delegation in Monrovia.
• Previous experience in this technical field in countries with similar climatic conditions as Liberia, i.e. with extremely high rainfall.
• Fluency in English is mandatory (reading, writing, listening and speaking).
• The candidate needs to be able and willing to do all of the computer work related to the services personally.
The purpose of the project is to develop the Central Materials Laboratory (CML) into a sustainable modern, business-like, commercial entity that will support the new road sector institutions (and its service providers) planned for Liberia, namely the Road Fund and Road Agency.
All interested, available and qualified professionals (fully covering the above requested qualifications) are kindly asked to forward their updated CV (tailored as much as possible to the requirements aforementioned).