For an upcoming programme in Kenya, Mott MacDonald is currently proposing for, we are looking for a TEAM LEADER / WATER RESOURCES PLANNER.
Background of the programme:
The Kenya Water Security and Climate Resilience Project aims to improve the water resources management of Kenya’s 6 main catchments. The current catchment plans require substantial revision, especially in relation to spatial information and strategic visioning.
The governmental agency, Kenya’s Water Resource Management Agency (WRMA), responsible for catchment plan development and implementation requires consultancy support to realise state-of-the-art knowledge and database management and to facilitate stakeholder processes for decision-making. The scope of the programme is thus to develop the capacity of WRMA in terms of tools, skills and infrastructure, to deliver on the core functions of project component “Strengthening Water Management and Planning”. This includes on-the-job development capacity building on the development of databases and new information systems, models, tools that will support WRMA’s work. The expected results of the programme are:
- A stronger WRMA institution that has strengthened capacity to carry out its core functions.
- Six integrated catchment management plans that outline the critical land and water resources development and management elements in a manner that is based on extensive knowledge-driven analysis and meets the expectations of all key-stakeholders.
Tasks of the TEAM LEADER / WATER RESOURCES PLANNER are, among others:
- Overall project coordination and communication.
- Providing strategic and technical direction.
- Project and financial management.
- Maintaining excellent client and donor relationships.
- Providing technical input for water resources planning and management.
- Ensuring timely and structured reporting.
- Post-graduate degree in engineering or equivalent.
- At least 20 years’ of experience in water resources planning and management for multiple uses.
- At least 10 years of experience in a similar context.
- At least 5 years’ of team leader experience.
- Experience in developing and developed countries.
- Experience in Africa is preferred.
- Experience with Decision Support Systems (DSS) and stakeholder process management.
- Experience of leading multidisciplinary teams and managing excellent relations with the executing and donor agencies.
- Experience with monitoring and recordkeeping of projects, preparing work plans, budgets, progress reports and financial reports as well as with facilitating evaluation missions from donor agency.
- Experience of working on International Development Agency (IDA) or bilateral funded projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
The expected input for this role is fulltime. The total duration of this programme is 3 years. Employment will be on freelance basis.