ABOUT T3 (TRASH THREAD TEXTILE)
T3 is a local Kenyan business currently in the final stages of launching a recycling and manufacturing operation in Athi River (Nairobi) where we will be recycling post-consumer PET into textile fiber while at the same time striving for environmental, social and financial sustainability. The operations are to take a high degree of consideration of empowering women, youth, and marginalized individuals. This business model will create employment; restore dignity for waste collectors and financial independence for women and youth.
T3 CFO Role Description:
The ideal candidate for the CFO position will have considerable experience in manufacturing and/or processing operations at a senior financial management level, a high degree of entrepreneurial drive coupled with a can-do attitude manifested by commercial mindset, strong numeracy and problem-solving skills underpinned by business ethics and values aligned to those of the T3 project. Furthermore, the ideal candidate recognizes the T3 project as a green field venture, and as such has the capability and willingness to structure work and carry out tasks that once the project is fully operational will be handled by more junior members of his or her team.
• Responsible for the efforts, results, and deliverables of T3’s finance department
• Oversees all activities of the finance department including the selection and implementation of appropriate accounting systems
• Provides financial advice and support to help senior executives and board of directors make key decisions
• Reports directly to T3 CEO
• At the disposal of T3 board of directors as and when needed
• Take ultimate responsibility for all reporting matters during the project launch and going forward into the operational phase
• Identify, procure, implement and manage the appropriate accounting software system for T3, including training of any clerks if required
• Assist heads of departments in company-wide bottom-up budgetary planning
• Oversee, review, and report on the agreed budgets for each business department and for T3 as a separate legal entity
• Ensure that all of the company's financial practices are in line in statutory regulations and legislation
• Interpret complex financial information and provide updates and information as needed
• Monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions including the administration of procurement, sales and logistics
• Supervise financial assistants and other employees in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, etc.
• Prepare official reports on a monthly and annual basis in compliance with local Kenyan GAAP and International IFRS
• Seek out methods and practices to minimise financial risk with a focus on procurement, sales and logistics
• Contract auditing services to ensure financial monitoring and regulatory reporting requirements are fulfilled
• Create and maintain relationships with service providers and contractors, including banking institutions, auditors and system providers
• Update and implement financial policies and procedures, including a policy manual for the finance department
• Work with HR to secure candidates who will be an asset to the finance department
• Establish and implement a training program for new finance employees
Qualifications and Background:
• Business ethos and values aligned to those of T3
• Registered practitioner with the local Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or similar body
• Post-graduate degree in accounting, business, finance, or a related field
• 5 – 7 years + of experience in a similar sector (manufacturing) in a managerial role within the finance function
Skills and behavior:
Excellent mathematical skills; leadership skills; management experience; integrity; honesty; exceptional written and verbal communication skills, thorough understanding of business principles and practices; superior attention to detail; organisational skills; planning skills; problem-solving skills; research skills; analytical skills; critical thinking skills; computer skills; multi-tasking skills
Competitive market-rates based on requirements
Are you interested in becoming a CFO in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.