Every day at ecoligo we work to fight the climate crisis, bringing solar energy to businesses in countries like Ghana, Kenya, Vietnam and Costa Rica through the ecoligo crowdinvesting platform. We own and manage each energy project allowing us to deliver both environmental and economic returns. Our crowdinvestors earn a solid financial return, and our solar clients get an energy provider that’s fairer, more affordable and more efficient. So far, ecoligo projects have prevented—or will prevent—over 440,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide from entering our atmosphere. And we’re just getting started.
Our quickly growing international company is looking for a Country Manager (f/m/x) in Kenya to support lead all country activities and lead our local team. We’re looking for a C&I solar industry expert with a strong track record in closing sales. You are experienced in client facing situations but are also capable to not only manage a team, but lead it. All in the context of a tech-enabled fast-paced start-up environment with ambitious growth plans. You combine your people skills with technical knowledge and look at the work through the eyes of a client. Our ideal candidate has significant deal closing experience within the solar industry, especially in PPA or leasing offers and has managed a team before. Are you ready to help us tackle the climate crisis?
In this role you will:
- Successful closure of solar leasing and solar PPA contracts with commercial & industrial clients in East Africa
- Day to day management, coaching and supervision of East African sales team of currently four people
- Management of opportunities including the generation of financial proposal, offer documents, presentation in front of customers and answering customer questions
- Day to day representation of ecoligo towards potential/existing partners and clients
- Development and management of long-term partnerships with EPC and project developer partners
- Overseeing and approval of financial proposals for solar PV clients
- Supervise the organizing of sales trips and events within the East African region
- Management of CRM system and reporting of all country activities to management
- Responsible for growth and expansion into nearby markets in Eastern Africa
- Being responsible for all HR, admin and legal work in East Africa
- Having a solid experience in the solar C&I market
- Having a proven track record of deal closing within a B2B environment
- Being capable to manage and lead a team and be their mentor
- Good understanding of energy systems, technical components of solar PV projects, load profiles, energy consumption behaviour, especially for commercial and industrial clients
- Being able to manage multiple opportunities effectively without losing oversight
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Tools, experience with Asana is a plus, as is with CRM systems
- Fluent in English
- Excellent listener that understands clients’ needs
- Creative thinker that identifies possible obstacles of customers and provides solutions to overcome the obstacles and close deals
- A driven personality that has a hunter attitude, wanting to close projects and be driven by successfully projects
- An integer leader that takes care of his team and enables them to thrive
- Living an open feedback culture
- Work for the planet: help make a difference as we pioneer the energy transition in emerging markets
- Real ownership and responsibilities with strong opportunities for growth
- The chance to help shape the future of a small and growing company as we enter an exciting growth stage
- Flexible working hours
- Bright and comfortable workspace at our office in Nairobi
- An open, diverse and respectful company culture with a group of kind, international coworkers based in Berlin, Accra (Ghana), Nairobi (Kenya), San Jose (Costa Rica), Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) and Santiago (Chile)
Are you interested in becoming a Country Manager Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.