Trainer for Ecological Peacebuilding and Interreligious Dialogue (m/f/x), Nairobi, Kenya
Your work with AGIAMONDO and the Association of Sisterhoods of Kenya (AOSK)
AGIAMONDO is the personnel service of German Catholics for development cooperation. In the Civil Peace Service (CPS), we offer professionals the opportunity for meaningful service in cooperation with local development actors. The CPS is a personnel program for violence prevention and peacebuilding in crisis and conflict regions. It works for a world in which conflicts are settled without violence. Together with church and civil society partner organizations in Burundi, AGIAMONDO wants to contribute to the civil conflict resolution there and to the sustainable and just development of the country as well as the Great Lakes region through peacebuilding measures.
The Association of Sisterhoods of Kenya (AOSK) was founded in 1962 and consists of more than 164 congregations uniting over 7,000 religious sisters in 25 dioceses in Kenya. In 1991, the Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation Commission (JPIC) of the Association of Sisterhoods of Kenya was established. They address issues of socio-economic, political and cultural injustice.
AOSK JPIC's mission is to bring about lasting change to the situation in Kenya through education in the area of civil and human rights. By training leaders, especially women, it aims to empower them to advocate for human rights, public order, pollution control, and sustainable use of natural resources, among others.
Kenya is characterized by numerous regional, politico-socially based conflicts. These are mostly based on access to natural resources, especially water and land. Kenya, as well as the rest of the Horn of Africa, is particularly affected by the impacts of climate change. While global warming is causing prolonged droughts in the northern part of the country, it is also causing high variability in rainfall, leading to severe soil erosion, flooding and mudslides.
The climate crisis has the potential to exacerbate conflict by exacerbating social conflict, negative political dynamics, and insecurity and fragility.
Accordingly, the objective of the job is to build capacity in the areas of environmental peacebuilding as well as inter-religious dialogue within the structures of the Association of Sisterhoods of Kenya.
Specifically, you will carry out the following tasks:
- Designing and implementing trainings and trainings on ecological peacebuilding and inter-religious dialogue for the staff* of the partner organization.
- Development and implementation of context-oriented projects in the field of ecological peacebuilding at the community level.
- Development of a manual for environmental peacebuilding and interreligious dialogue.
- Properly disburse and manage funds locally in accordance with donor guidelines and AGIAMONDO requirements. In doing so, they work in partnership with the AOSK.
- You have a Master's degree in a relevant subject e.g. Environmental Peacebuilding, Sociology, Peace and Conflict Studies or Religious Studies.
- You bring practical experience in designing and delivering trainings, ideally in the field of environmental peacebuilding.
- You can demonstrate knowledge in the implementation of environmental peacebuilding programs. Experience working at the community level is an asset.
- Additional experience in interfaith dialogue as well as research work is a plus.
- You possess a Class B driver's license and are business fluent in English. Knowledge of Swahili is an advantage.
- You are a citizen of the EU or Switzerland, belong to a Christian church and identify with the goals and concerns of church development and peace work.
Are you interested in becoming a Trainer for Ecological Peacebuilding in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.