From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We are the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons and our success is thanks to the diversity of our talent and strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy and it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve.
Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve this, we need the world’s very best people.
Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
This is a global position that sits within Diageo’s Sustainable Procurement structure and reports into the Regenerative Agriculture Lead.
The Global Sustainable Procurement team is an enabler of sustainability for the procurement function, which is a mixture of above-market resources focused on developing world class category strategies and in-market procurement resources focused on excellence in execution of category strategies and supplier performance management.
The purpose of this role is to support the implementation of Diageo’s global regenerative agriculture strategy, in line with our 2030 Spirit of Progress ambition with a focus on key sourcing regions across Europe, US, India, Brazil, Mexico and East Africa.
Key Accountabilities Include
• Support the implementation of Diageo’s 2030 Spirit of Progress ambition, more specifically on enabling delivery against the following Diageo’s 2030 goals:
1) “Accelerating to a low carbon world” by reducing by 50% Diageo’s value chain (scope 3) carbon emissions, of which raw materials represent one third.
2) “Becoming sustainable by design” by developing regenerative agriculture pilots across key sourcing regions and providing local sourcing communities with agricultural skills and resources to build economic and environmental resilience.
3) “Preserving water for life” by improving water stewardship across Diageo’s supply chains.
• Support with the local coordination and implementation of regenerative agriculture projects, working collaboratively in cross-functional teams in an agile and deliveryoriented way.
• Co-lead, alongside technical partners, farmer engagement workshops, agronomy trainings and field visits representing Diageo locally.
• Engage suppliers, farmers and local stakeholders to build strong communities of practice and bring regenerative agriculture pilots to commercial scale.
• Coordinate data collection processes, by working alongside technical partners, to support development of supplier, raw material category, market, and brand-specific improvement plans.
It be successful in role you will have excellent knowledge of economic, social and environmental sustainability challenges and leading sustainable sourcing approaches and best practice ideally in the FMCG sector.
It is crucial that you have experience in Corporate Sustainability, Sustainable Sourcing, Regenerative Agriculture, Agroecology or similar. Previous management consulting experience is a plus.
You will have market awareness and insights of agricultural commodity value chains.
It is essential that you have exceptional communication and influencing skills and experience partnering with multiple stakeholders at various different levels.
You will be Passionate about sustainability and creating value through value chain collaboration.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realise its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
CHARACTER IS EVERYTHING
Worker Type: Regular
Primary Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Are you interested in becoming a Regenerative Agriculture Manager in East Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.