Senior Finance Manager (6 months contract)
The Senior Finance Manager performs all aspects of financial management, management and regulatory financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, researching accounting policies, issued and effective IFRS for BitPesa entities, in different jurisdictions and in multi-currencies. He/she will ensure the availability of all financial information required to support management and other stakeholders in strategic decision-making. The responsibilities also include ensuring monthly & annual tax and statutory reports are submitted in time, manage external audits exercise, and ad hoc projects. The role will also support business partnering and development initiatives.
This is a temporary position, with a duration of 6 months, based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Maintain complete books of records for the parent and subsidiaries entities reviewing all bookings and journals passed in the accounting software.
- Oversee Senior Finance Associate in book keeping and accounting functions relating to client transaction, treasury trades across entities in multi-currencies.
- Responsible for general ledger management, balance sheet account reconciliations and accounting controls for posting to the accounting software across entities.
- Provide oversight on treasury and bank statement reconciliation, reconciliation approval in multiple currencies across different countries of operations.
- Provide oversight on month end work plan, coordination, timeline management and finance/accounting concerns.
- Oversee the preparation of month end PnL, balance sheet and cashflow statement, translations and consolidation.
- Review and oversee the Inter-company/ related parties’ transactions, loans, interest expenses and reconciliation in line with the group operations guidelines.
- Provide leadership to Senior Finance Associate on volume and margin reporting, client settlement liability reconciliation, fixed asset management, depreciation, amortization, accrual and prepayment accounting.
- Experience in developing, researching, interpretation, updating implementation of accounting policies, standard operating procedures and IFRS standards issued and effective as may affect the accounting finance operations.
- Support the team in finance process automation, cost benefit analysis, accounting ratios preparation and interpretation.
- Oversee and manage the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual budget reports, budget vs actual report preparations and variance analysis.
- Financial planning & analysis duties and commentaries as needed.
- Ensure the accuracy of regulatory budget reports and forecast.
- Monitor regulated entity capital requirements and balance sheet ratios.
- Value Added Tax, Withholding Tax, Company Income and all relevant taxes accounting and management.
- Championing tax audit and administration across entities in different jurisdiction.
- Ensuring compliance with tax and other statutory requirements in the countries we are incorporated.
- Liaising with tax consultant and regulators for tax queries resolution.
- Transfer pricing policy implementation.
- Manage and oversee individual external audit exercise.
- Work with Senior Financial Associates on delivering audit work plan and execution.
- Group consolidated audit.
- Any other duty as assigned by the Head of Finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business administration, finance, accounting, or related field from a well recognised university.
- CPA or ACCA qualification.
- 7 to 9 years’ experience within finance/ corporate finance.
- Strong background in financial management systems with a thorough understanding of financial regulations.
- Experience working for fast-growth, rapidly-scaling companies is an added advantage.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills.
- A strong and flexible work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Competitive remuneration.
- A fun and positive working culture.
- A diverse team of bright, energetic and creative individuals.
- Meaningful work by helping people living in emerging markets.
- Work in a company where your voice and ideas are heard.
Are you interested in becoming a Senior Finance Manager in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.