GFA Consulting Group, a leading European consulting company, is preparing a project proposal for Health Insurance Programme in Kenya.
Job Opportunity: Team Leader and advisor in Health Financing
Project Title: Health Financing, Health Insurance project
Funding agency: KfW (German Development Bank)
Project Status: tender
Period of Project: Starting Q1 in 2018, running time 18 months
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya and travels in the field
The objective of the program is to contribute to establishing equitable access to affordable, quality health care and strengthening the National Health Insurance System through improved access to health insurance for the informal sector.
The Target group are households with informal employment, low, irregular incomes and without health insurance cover in the target counties.
The Project will be implemented in up to 10 counties, which will be selected on the basis of an open call for proposals. The process of the county selection is implemented by a Tender Committee comprising of the National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) and the Ministry of Health (MoH), supported by the consultant to be selected. The consultant will specifically support the MoH in organizing the submission of the call for proposals to the counties and the evaluation of results.
• Overall responsibility for project steering and management of technical assistance team
• Act as focal point for MoH, NHIF and Counties on all technical and managerial aspects of implementation / Facilitate steady communication and exchange with all stakeholders related to technical aspects of implementation; participate in planning meetings
• Quarterly progress reporting
• Support to the selection process of the Counties participating in the Project
• Development of the MoUs with the Counties in consultation with MoH & NHIF
• Development of implementation options and detailed design & implementation concept to cover low income informal sector households in the selected counties with a health protection scheme
• Develop project management framework and continuous monitoring and evaluation of the project implementation
• Support for drafting and signing of Memoranda of Understanding with the selected Counties in the program, specifying tasks and responsibilities, especially financial contributions from Counties to the health protection scheme
• Support NHIF in defining the mix of contributions to the premiums, reimbursement procedures, contracts with accredited providers, and all required information campaigns ready for implementation
• Supervise baseline survey (incl. ICT) to be conducted at the beginning of the assignment
• Ensure strengthening NHIF’s capacities (data management, actuarial, strategic purchasing of health services)
• Ensure support / enhancement of existing IT systems and infrastructure.
The senior expert, experienced Team Leader we are looking for, will have
• Post-graduate degree in either health economics, social science, project management, actuarial science, finance or related field
• Demonstrated working experience regarding the health system in Kenya or regional countries (regional countries = countries of Sub Saharan Africa)
• Excellent interpersonal skills required for high level engagement with ministries, departments and agencies, development partners and other stakeholders
• Good writing and presentation skills, and ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences
• Proven experience with the implementation of similar projects (e.g. health financing, UHC, health insurance) and the administration of large budgets.
• Familiarity with the Kenyan healthcare system in general, and the National Hospital Insurance Fund and/or the Ministry of Health specifically
• Familiarity with KfW project implementation including the management of large disposition funds
Are you interested in becoming a Team Leader in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.