For our client, a global civil engineering company, we are recruiting a Senior Resident Engineer in Kenya, who can hit the ground running.
Project Director / Functional Manager
• To manage all the on site technical duties.
• Consult the contractor regarding technical aspects.
• Manage all the requests for information from the site.
• Monitoring of quality the works.
• Monitoring of construction programme, including budgets and cash flows.
• Drafting site instructions.
• Chair site and technical meetings.
• Consult with HSE responsible manager and other third parties.
• Approve drawings from the contractor.
• Improve maintenance and operation manuals.
• Closing out the project, including finalizing reports.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Giving high quality and timely responses to technical questions from the contractor.
• Managing technical difficulties experienced on site.
• Identifying discrepancies in the contract.
• Ensuring compliance with Environmental Management Programme.
• Ensuring compliance with the Construction Regulations.
• Making sure all the work is done according to the Kenyan Engineering Code of Conduct.
• Successful works completion and operation.
• Handover on completion.
• Utilize the resources in optimal form.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Engineering Degree.
• Registered Professional Engineer.
• 20 years relevant experience in large dam and hydropower projects.
• 10 years relevant experience in the supervision of engineering projects, which include large diameter tunnels.
• Construction management experience.
• Experience with projects in Africa.
• Being able to work with modern project management techniques.
• Must be fully articulate in English. Kishwahili will be an advantage.
Are you interested in becoming a Senior Resident Engineer in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.