Job Title: General Manager
Location: 80% Farm; 20% Non-farm (Farm is in rural area in Homa Bay)
Company Name: Victory Farms Ltd.
Company Url: www.victoryfarmskenya.com
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Start date: Immediate
About the Opportunity:
The commercial aquaculture industry in East Africa is growing rapidly, based on strong demand and excellent natural resources. Victory Farms is the pioneer and leader in the space, accounting for roughly 50% of local fish production and 75% of the industry’s annual growth. Wildcatch tilapia has declined 90% over the last 30 years and continues to decline. Population growth, urbanization, and income growth are all rapidly fueling the consumer’s ability and desire to buy fresh fish. Victory Farms is uniquely positioned as the regional leader to continue to build a full-scale commercial fish farm and distribution platform.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years working in a leadership capacity for a company in Africa that has rapidly scaled its operation, faces logistical challenges, and is focused on operational excellence:
• Leadership to drive company vision and operational goals throughout all levels of operations
• Ability to develop the right KPIs, measure and track against them, and make monthly improvements through systems, improving skills, organization, and scale
• Coordinate construction timelines, resource planning, execution and quality controls, maintain safety standards, and have end-to-end ownership on project delivery
• Lead and develop strong technical team of aquaculture, construction, and administration
• Structure workflows, develop SOPs, and develop highly standardized approach to handling various farm activities
• Manage rapid scaling of business, development of infrastructure, and operational excellence
• Support and manage our community relations efforts, build close and lasting ties to stakeholders
• Demonstrate desire to relocate/live to farm site, based in rural Homa Bay County
• Reports directly to the CEO; approximately 150 FTEs report to GM, growing at 75 FTEs / year
About Victory Farms:
Victory Farms is a fully vertically-integrated aquaculture company, with farm operations in the Lake Victoria region. The company was established in 2015 and is now the fastest growing fish farm in the region. Its founders are committed to building a global 'best-in-class' company, which means placing sustainability at the core of operations. Victory Farms has a distribution capacity throughout Kenya, and is rapidly expanding its farm operation, fish processing, and sales & marketing capabilities. Victory Farms is employing world-class technologies, people and processes to build the leading tilapia farm globally. The Company has the highest standards for performance, execution, culture, and integrity.
Are you interested in becoming a General Manager in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.