Job Title: Data Analytics & Forecasting Associate
Location: 70% Homabay 30% Nairobi
Company Name: Victory Farms Limited
Reports to: Aquaculture Cage Production Manager
Start Date: Immediate
Are you looking for rapid professional development in on of Kenya’s fastest growing young companies? Victory Farms is recruiting a Data Analytics & Forecasting Associate to be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of our production units within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines. This is an opportunity to help shape the development of an organization that aims to be a sustainable leader in large scale aquaculture production. Professionally, you would be joining a business with ever-growing opportunities and responsibilities, providing a profound exposure to high-growth business environment.
Come join us at Victory Farms as a Data Analytics & Forecasting Associate.
1. Working with systems, building reporting structures, creating automated data flows, working across multiple departments to facilitate accurate data entry.
2. Lead forecasting and analytics activities and bring key data-driven business insights to leaders within the commercial organization in a proactive manner.
3. Building monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts for production, feed, costs.
4. Directs the collection and analysis of relevant information concerning business and channel performance and provides insights and recommendations for improving performance.
5. Investigates analysis and forecasting techniques, new trends, and seeks ways to utilize data and analysis to support Company initiatives.
6. Work cross-functionally with Data management and leadership to ensure information and insights are being cascaded throughout the commercial organizations and supporting functions.
7. Collaborate with global brand teams, regions and markets as well as new product planning and business development to define and assess opportunities, threats and evaluate assets of interest.
8. Maintains regional forecast and budget inputs for marketing and sales channels. Coordinates with division to develop, revise and track budget and performance. Examines ways to improve processes and enhance accuracy.
9. Collaborate with commercial, marketing and finance leadership to define and quantify the impact of commercial market opportunities.
10. Create objective patient/volume/revenue outlook and work with business units to create accurate forecasts (budget and long-range strategic planning).
11. Liaison with Analytics vendors as needed.
12. Contribute to monthly patient reporting, analytics, and forecasting reviews for operations and commercial leadership; provide monthly updates to the business unit and leadership - outlook vs. forecast (integrating performance, analytics)
13. Consolidate and summarizes data for ad hoc analysis (e.g. ROI analysis)
1 Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in computer science or related field.
2 Work experience, 2-5 years in a systems role, dealing with analytics, data, and planning.
3 Experience with data analysis and data visualization tools with data from EMR/EHR, Claims data, Sales Data, and Rx Data (e.g., IMS, Symphony, etc.).
4 Proven track record developing and supporting effective business systems.
5 Strong proven leadership, analytical and communication skills, ability to collaborate cross functionally with all stakeholders in an entrepreneurial team
6 Proven analytical skills. Thorough knowledge of and possess high skill level in advanced analytics and patient-based forecast modeling
7 Expertise with statistical software, databases and MS Office programs (e.g. advanced Excel skills to include pivot tables, filtering, vlookup and macros)
8 Experience with quantitative techniques including smoothing, regression, and simulations.
9 High ethical standards, including demonstrated adherence to all corporate, Compliance, and Regulatory guidelines and procedures
10 Ability to interact and communicate with all levels in the organization.
11 Develops solution by preparing and evaluating alternative workflow solutions.
12 Provides reference by writing documentation.
13 Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
14 Analytical skills. Analysts must interpret complex information from various sources and be able to decide the best way to move forward on a project. They must also be able to figure out how changes may affect the project.
15 Communication skills. Analysts work as a go-between with management and the IT department and must be able to explain complex issues in a way that both will understand.
16 Creativity. Because analysts are tasked with finding innovative solutions to computer problems, an ability to “think outside the box” is important.
About Victory Farms
Victory Farms aims to become the leading tilapia farm in Africa over the next 5 years while maintaining the highest environmental and social standards. We endeavor to be the most sustainable tilapia farm in the world, adhering to global standards and best practices, and producing affordable, sustainable protein to feeding millions of people across the Africa.
VF is the fastest growing aquaculture business on the continent and the largest producer of Tilapia in East Africa. The company is rapidly expanding its vertically integrated model: production, processing, and sales & distribution to keep pace with the rapid growth in demand for protein. Victory Farms is employing world-class technologies, people, and processes to build a model for sustainable protein production on the continent. The Company strives for the highest standards in performance, execution, culture, and integrity.
Victory Farms was established on Lake Victoria in 2015 with both on-shore and off-shore facilities. The head office is in Nairobi, and its farm site is in Homa Bay County, and distribution across Kenya. Since inception, Victory Farms has become one of the fastest growing companies in aquaculture globally. In its first eight months of operation, the Company became the largest aquaculture producer in Kenya. Today, it is the largest aquaculture player in East Africa and operates one of largest hatcheries on the continent.
VF’s growth trajectory provides enormous opportunity for excited professional to uplift their careers and make an impact within a diverse operation. We recognize the utmost importance which contributions by individuals and teams have to the success of Victory Farms. We work to create a fantastic environment for our employees. An environment where employees to have an opportunity to develop professionally and personally.
Are you interested in becoming a Data Analytics & Forecasting Associate in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.