Komaza is revolutionizing African forestry by unlocking the potential for small-scale farmers to serve booming wood markets. By combining high-scale operations with digital intelligence, we are currently planting commercial-grade forests at a rate of over 1 million trees with 5,000+ new farmers per year, making us Kenya’s largest industrial tree planter. We hold the only sustainable blueprint for meeting Africa’s $30B wood supply crisis - by leveraging farmers’ contribution of land and labor, Komaza can access nearly limitless land and establish a hectare of trees for far less than big plantations.
We have been recognized with numerous awards and investments, including The Climate Policy Initiative, The Nature Conservancy, Forbes, and Novastar Ventures.
The Senior Talent Acquisition Officer is responsible for supporting our recruitment process from start to finish and all the operational tasks that facilitate the smooth running of the Talent Acquisition department. You are a highly energetic, problem-solving, organized planner who can manage several work streams at the same time, and is willing to work whatever hours and times are needed to get things done. You’ll assist other recruiters, hiring teams and candidates so the hiring process can run smoothly. Ultimately, you’ll play a part in our company to source and hire the top talent for our open roles. If you’re enthusiastic about the world of recruiting, tech-savvy and an excellent communicator, we’d like to meet you.
Location: The role is based in Kilifi, Kenya
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field e.g. Human Resource Management or Social Sciences.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, demanding environment of a fast-growth company
- At least 3+ years of work experience in recruitment is an added advantage.
- Post jobs adverts on professional job sites and other relevant job boards
- Conduct candidate sourcing efforts such as headhunting or reaching out to prospective candidates
- Conduct screening resumes and run initial tests for shortlisting purpose
- Communicate with candidates promptly and assist them when they come in for on-site interviews
- Conduct reference checks
- Promote positive candidate experience throughout the hiring process
- Support planning of recruitment events such as Komaza days in Kilifi and our Satellite offices such as accommodation reservation, reserving meeting rooms and placing lunch orders
- Support recruitment administrative functions: filing receipts with finance, sourcing venues and/or resources, etc.
- Support onboarding of incoming staff by organizing accommodation and relocation logistics
- Send and answer basic candidate communications (e.g. recruitment process/ timelines, etc.)
- Organize and engage with diverse staff and candidates to coordinate recruitment-related activities and events
- Keep detailed and up-to-date records of talent acquisition projects and data
What you have:
- MS / Google skills (PPT, Excel, Word)
- Managed submission of finances / receipts
- Strong communication skills (Written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible with the drive to do whatever necessary to get the job done
- Self-directed and intellectually curious; you know how and when to seek feedback in the pursuit of continuous improvement
- Eager to learn new things
- A collaborative problem solver who seeks the opinions of other teammates and departments in the development of creative and sustainable systems
Are you interested in becoming a Senior Talent Acquisition Officer in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.