HM.CLAUSE, a Company belonging to the LIMAGRAIN Group (9000 employees), is specialized in research, production and sales of vegetable seeds to professionals. HM.CLAUSE employs around 2200 people worldwide and achieves a continuous growing turnover. To support its development, HM.CLAUSE is looking for an experienced Seed Production GENERAL Manager for HM.CLAUSE Kenya.
Main responsibility of the General Manager is to manage the HM.CLAUSE Kenya farm operations in a cost effective, timely and reliable way whilst ensuring that technical and quality requirements are met, as well as training the local team and out growers in vegetable seed production.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the General Manager will work in close collaboration with the and Managing Director to ensure coordination and internal standards are met. The farm counts a total of 70 employees.
In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for all activities of the HM.CLAUSE Kenya production farm :
• Oversee, coordinate and manage the daily farm production operations with greenhouses, seedling nursery and open field plots
• Establish and ensure that operating budgets are followed
• In coordination with BU Supply managers , manage day-to-day seed production business aspects in Kenya.
• Provide up-to-date data and information on local issues impacting the BU production business in Kenya, to include:
- Production cost and pricing
- Farmer Capacity, capability and grower base
- New opportunities in terms of areas and growers suitable for vegetable seed production
• Responsible of sowing activity, pollination, harvest and seed extraction activities are conducted in a timely manner.
• Transplanting and cultivation: close follow up on crops with Managers on findings, ensure weeding, irrigation, staking, and pruning according to the farm policies
• Management of the production team, including supervisors and employees : recruitment, training and development of the team.
• Knowledgeable and aware of proper chemical use, IPM, environmental issues.
• GSPP Implementation
• Maintain good public relations with neighboring farms, regional and national government authorities (KEPHIS, NEMA,..) and other stakeholder organization,
• Maintain a collaborative environment with colleagues and implementation of the company policies
Ideally, you hold the following skills and qualifications:
• BSc or MSc in Agronomic Science or Agricultural Business. Preferably with strong emphasis on vegetable seed science.
• 5 years’ experience in seed production supervision, preferably within a similar position.
• Excellent management skills and transparency.
• Analytical, problem solving, planning and resource management skulls
• Ability to work in an inter-cultural context.
• Must be proactive, rigorous and flexible.
• Team player and motivator.
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office Tools
• Fluent English and Kiswahili.
We offer an excellent remuneration package and good career evolution possibilities within our company.