Job Title : New Market Development Intern
Location : 80% Nairobi; 20% Kenya (New market development will require some travel)
Company Name: Victory Farms Ltd.
Company Url : http://victoryfarmskenya.com/
Start date : 1 December 2017
Duration : 6 months
We are looking for a recent university graduate with education in business, sales & marketing to come in and immediately make an impact on the organization. We are rapidly growing and in we therefore have a variety of tasks that need to be performed. In addition to the daily workload, we expect the professional can support in creating processes and supporting other functions, including development of distribution channels.
Ideal candidates will possess:
• Between 22 years and 28 years old
• University level degree with some combination of business, economics, sales & marketing (supply chain elements a plus)
• 0 - 4 years’ experience working in fast moving consumer goods, FMCG, with preference for candidates with some cold chain experience or knowledge
• Capable in MS Word, MS Excel, Google, latest Android OS knowledge, and Apps.
• High energy and positive spirit, will be working alongside range of skill and experience levels as we build a new channel in Kenya (amazingly, fresh fish is not available in most parts of Kenya today)
• Travels to markets and interfaces with potential new customers, existing customers and various channel sales reps. Markets include wet markets, fish and meat markets, slum-based markets, and small town markets
• Will meet with hotel, restaurant, and other premium potential customers (United Nations, government, etc.)
• Able to work with modern web tools to develop new methods of communicating with customers, keeping tabs on their growth and development, etc.
• Works closely with Sales Operations department and Finance department to ensure daily accuracy of records, and helps improve processes and controls on an ongoing basis
• Updates company database by inputting data from field sales, compiling, consolidating, formatting and summarizing information, graphs and presentations and distributing reports.
• Capable of generating marketing and training literature
• Compiling account and competitor analysis
• Expected to spend considerable effort and time training local team on controls, processes, and new market development
• Expected to travel throughout Kenya to new cities, markets, and help develop new distribution strategies, and execute on those pilots and ideas
• Work weeks are expected at 5.5 days per week — of course we will also want you to take some time to enjoy Kenya, too, but the workweek itself is rather intense in Kenya and we have to follow the local market practices since we operate 300 days per year
VF will provide the following in compensation for the role, with associated values:
• Housing, $800 / month (housing unit provided near headquarters in Nairobi)
• Airfare, $1,000 budget for airfare to/from Europe once
• Work permit, $1,500 for 6 months
• Phone and laptop if needed (can also bring your own if you prefer)
• In-country Uber budget, $100 / month (any additional travel to new cities will also be covered by company)
• Living allowance, $500 / month gross pay
About Victory Farms:
Victory Farms is an integrated fish farm established in 2015. VF is building its operation on the Kenyan side of Lake Victoria and distribution capacity throughout Kenya. VF is rapidly expanding its farm operation, fish processing, and sales & marketing capabilities. VF is employing world-class technologies, people and processes to build the leading tilapia farm globally. The Company has the highest standards for performance, execution, culture, and integrity.
VF is the largest aquaculture farm in East Africa and is on track to be the fastest growing aquaculture company in Africa in mid 2018. The company will also likely be among the fastest growing companies in Kenya in 2018. Given this rapid expansion, very capable and thoughtful leaders are required to build the human capital and physical infrastructure to sustain the rapid growth.
Are you interested in becoming a New Market Development Intern in Kenya? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.