Our client is a company specialized in industrial packaging. For their regional office in Abidjan they are looking for a Business Development Manager, responsible for West Africa.
Current activities in the region:
The business segment, besides some mining opportunities ,focusses more on the food processing segment for cocoa and cashew and other agricultural produce. Besides Ivory Coast they would like to boost business development in surrounding countries and different business segments.
Work to perform:
- Perform regional market study and competitive analysis – draft development strategy for West African countries
- Lead and explore local partnerships with distributors and partners to boost development in the wider region – identification of right partners.
- Aggressively increase sales in new segments
Profile of Business Developer West Africa:
Responsible for the business development in West Africa (Ghana, Mali, Senegal, Togo, Cameroon, Benin, Mauritania and Gabon.
The Business developer is considered to:
- Organize business development missions in West Africa
- Development of the markets in West Africa
- Make an analysis of the competition and investigate opportunities
- Work closely with the sales team, to make sure customer service is optimal
- Travel to other offices of the company in Africa and Europe for training and reporting purposes
- Create a close relationship with different departments, like supply chain, international, communications, etc., with whom you built a professional relationship
- Follow all corporate policies, enforce them and be compliant in all areas, externally and internally
Knowledge & skills
- Proven capability to work under pressure
- Excellent knowledge of English and French languages in both writing and verbal
- Dedicated, result-driven and decisive
- Strong analytical and strategical skills
- Proven ability to effectively communicate both written and verbal to persuade and direct
- The build an extensive relationship with clients and suppliers
- The ability to negotiate
- Fast learner
- Knowledge of the African market is a benefit
- Knowledge of the French language is a must
- Passion for business development
- Affinity with logistics
- Intrigued by the African continent
- Sense of adventure and enjoy travel
Experience & Attitude
- You are an initiative taker, proactive and a good problem solver
- You can work independently, but are also a team player
- Flexible, good time management
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Motivated and energetic
Are you interested in becoming a Business Developer West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.