SNV Netherlands Development is a not-for-profit international development organization that has built a long-term local presence in 38 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin-America. SNV Ghana implements projects to improve individual lives and contributes to solving global challenges in the areas of Agriculture, Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. SNV’s implementation approach focuses on developing innovative solutions to alleviate poverty through sustainable and locally-led development.
SNV has been in Ghana since 1992 and currently implements projects in all ten (10) Regions, providing capacity strengthening support to individuals, communities and businesses. In Ghana, we focus on poverty reduction as articulated in the Ghana Growth and Poverty Reduction Strategy as well as in the sustainable development goals. In all sectors of work, SNV incorporates gender & youth, governance for empowerment and other cross-cutting themes to achieve impact, scale, inclusiveness and sustainability.
Among SNV’s Agriculture Projects is the Horti-Fresh Programme. The aim of the programme is “A sustainable and internationally competitive vegetable and fruit sector that contributes to inclusive economic growth, food
and nutrition security”. The Programme will contribute to three major areas that have been identified and that are in line with Ghana’s development policy: a competitive and innovative high-value fruit and vegetable sector; an inclusive and sustainable fruit and vegetable sector and a conducive business climate that facilitates the development of the fruit and vegetable sector.
The position is a full time for Business advisor/Financial specialist for Ivory Coast with good knowledge of the West Africa fruit sector. The advisor is responsible for providing hands-on approach to fruit companies; assisting in developing business plans and proposals for funds.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the key responsibilities of the Business Advisor and Financial Specialist include:
- Organization of quarterly Business Platform meetings; which are high-level meetings for private sector representatives, researchers and policy makers.
- Development of new commercial loan products specifically focused at fruit sector in Ivory Coast and possible Burkina Faso, targeting both smallholder farmers and small-and medium sized companies.
- Management of two cluster development funds that target specific fruit hotspots in the Ivory Coast and possible Burkina Faso; develop a multi stakeholder platform and public-private action agenda.
- Support trade missions, trade fairs and other business-to-business activities.
- Pro-actively explore new Business Opportunities in the West Africa fruit sector.
- Candidate must be Bi-lingual with good working knowledge in English and French.
- Minimum ten years’ experience working in private sector development, preferably in Ivory Coast’s horticulture sector;
- Minimum of five years’ experience in project management in leadership positions;
- Master’s degree in one of the following: business administration, agricultural economics/extension, business administration, and/or related field;
Excellent analytical and written skills for developing business case studies and contributing to sector reports;
- Proficiency in the use of computer Microsoft office applications;
- Business minded within a development contact focused on commercialisation of the fruit sector (inclusive business).
Application Guidelines: Please read these carefully. Failure to comply will adversely affect your application.
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their applications in English in the form of a one-page letter and current CV outlining experience, qualifications and three reference contacts.
Only those applicants whose work experience and education meet the mandatory requisites below will be considered for the position.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Are you interested in becoming a Business and Finance Specialist in Ivory Coast? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.