Our client produces, processes and distributes glass for the construction sector.
Role / Job
Background: in line with the Division strategy to expand its geographical footprint, our client is looking for a Country Business Development Manager to take the lead of the market development in Ivory Coast and Senegal.
1. Build an in depth understanding of the countries glass market and business environment
2. Promote the company's products on the local and regional market (architects, general constructors, distributors, etc.) and establish the brand as a leading glass player.
3. Develop high level contacts with local key stakeholders.
4. Together with the management, envision the company's next steps of development in the area.
Location: Abidjan, Ivory Coast
Scope: Ivory-Coast & Senegal
Mission: The Country Business Development Manager will be in charge of
• In depth glass market understanding including trends, economic indicators, direct and indirect customers, supply chain, logistics, product range, market prices,
• Business strategy propositions including value proposition, business model and logistic,
• Promotion of the company's products & support to architects, general constructors, distributors, processors, etc.,
• Cooperation with the company's agent and commercial office in Europe whenever necessary,
• Development of a broad and relevant network of local contacts, including key decision makers,
• Organization of exploration missions for the company's members in his area of responsibility,
• Functional report to the Strategy Office in Belgium, with regular reporting, exchange & alignment.
The candidate must have a solid entrepreneurial profile with strong commercial skills in BtoB environments, and ideally have a relevant experience in the construction industry and a proven experience in developing business in French-speaking West-Africa. He is able to manage his daily work in a very autonomous and proactive way, while easily detecting situations where approval by management is required. He ensures the Compliances Rules and maintains a high quality service and brand image at all levels of his activity. Creative, ambitious, comfortable with uncertainty, he is a highly trustable and reliable person. Skilled at building partnerships, and politically savvy, he is able to initiate long term business relationships.
• Master Degree in Engineering/Business/other to be evaluated.
• Minimum 4 years of relevant experience (ideally in a similar job).
• Relevant background in BtoB environment (ideally construction industry, ideally sales or marketing).
• Proven experience in developing business in French-speaking west-Africa.
• Sales & marketing oriented, strong commercial skills and ability to compile business proposals.
• Result-driven with excellent communication & networking skills.
• Trustworthy and reliable, good work ethic.
• Fast learner/dynamic/agile/self-started and ambitious.
• Fluent in French and in English, any other language is a plus.
• Valid driver license.
• Willingness to travel all over his area of responsibility.
• A key “initiator” role in the new representative office in a vibrant region, which offers amazing opportunities in the coming years.
• Autonomy on the daily work with strong support from the European HQ whenever needed.
• The opportunity to make the function and role growing along with the business strategy.
• Attractive package.
• Extensive glass training in Europe.
• Personal development & learnings opportunities.
Are you interested in becoming a Country Business Development Manager in Côte D'Ivoire? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.