Primary location: Ivory Coast, with frequent travel to The Netherlands
Our client provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to help the world.
Purpose of the role
The Construction Project Manager will work to deliver a safe, regulatory compliant and competitive project and lead the expansion project of the factory in Ivory Coast. He/she is responsible for the design, the engineering and the construction of the project.
The main purpose of the Construction Project Manager is being responsible for the project, to define and manage the scope, schedule and budget of the project. Below elements are integral part of the project.
• Health and Safety
• Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Affairs
• Environmental and Energy
• Cost Engineering (budget, schedule, manpower resources)
The project will be executed with in house engineering in combination with a 3rd party Engineering Service Provider.
During construction, the Construction Project Manager will lead / manage the construction and installation activities on site (via supervisors, managers) and will make sure the installation is done safely, in scope, within budget & time and in line with the required quality as designed in earlier phases.
• Champions and reinforces the employers behavioural based safety process and zero fatalities
• Provides vision to the project team
• Lead the engineering based in Holland
• Lead the local team based in IVC
• Provides mentorship, coaching and development for team members and functional leads as appropriate.
• Ensure the project will be executed according to the defined timelines
• Prepares the plan for how the Construction project is executed, monitored and controlled
• delivered safely, on time, on budget and according to the expectations
• implement tools to ensure the project will be delivered safely, on time, on budget and according to the expectations tools to be used:
o Cost control
o Scope control
o Additional work
• Bachelor Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Biosystems Engineering or other engineering discipline OR Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Field and minimum 10 years industrial experience.
• Fluent in English and French
• Demonstrated experience working with Environmental, Health & Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Affairs experts to plan and execute the project to comply with the laws of the country for the project
• Experience managing Construction(Construction) Projects of at least $20MM investment.
• Experience leading projects from FEL1 through Execution.
• Experience working across multiple project teams and locations.
• Experience leading multifunctional teams.
• Experiencing applying Project Controls Principle throughout a project (Work Breakdown Structure, Cost Breakdown structure, estimating methods & validation, project execution planning and cost & schedules
• Experience managing Construction Projects up to $50MM investment.
• Strong influencing skills, ability to work across the organization and with multiple functions
• Demonstrated skills at managing and leading in complex and ambiguous situations
• Experience in working in West Africa
Are you interested in becoming a Construction Project Manager in Ivory Coast? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.