Our client is a European cocoa trading company which does business in Asia, Latin America and West Africa.
Sustainability is an important value of the company.
Our client is looking for a regional project manager in West Africa to manage projects, mainly in Ivory Coast. Together with the companies' local sustainability team in Côte d'Ivoire and program partners they need you to increase impact in their supply chains, set-up and supervise programs, and build a strong Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) structure. You will be the connector of their middlemen, exporters, farmer communities, NGO’s, public and private parties, and research institutes. Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Follow-up on program design and execution in Côte d'Ivoire, but with regular travels to Ghana, Nigeria, and Cameroon.
- Up-scale and execute program activities that were initiated together with supply chain partners.
- Support fundraising for (new) programs.
- Maintain relationships with our clients, exporters and farmer groups.
- Identify co-investors and new local partners for program up-scaling.
- Support the companies' M&E structure, existing of open source software (QGIS, R).
You will be working in our clients' dynamic sustainability team in Côte d'Ivoire. You will strengthen relationships with partners and local suppliers in the mentioned countries in close collaboration with the sustainability field teams in our headquarters in Europe and the other origins.
We are looking for
- At least two years of experience in the international development sector.
- An academic degree in agriculture, international development studies, or other related fields.
- A confident and strong negotiator.
- Fluent in French and English.
- We are looking for a self-starter.
- Excellent presentation, communication and networking skills.
- Bush proof.
- An ambitious and motivated worker that likes to work in a start-up environment with minimum facilities and resources.
- Prepared to work in West Africa for a minimum of 3 years.
40 hours per week.
Based in Abidjan, Ivory Coast with regular travels to other West African countries.
Are you interested in becoming a Regional Project Manager West Africa? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.