Ivory Coast : Program Manager for Sustainable Cocoa & Agroforestry
Location: Based in Abidjan, Ivory Coast, with regular trips to cocoa regions
Sector: Agriculture, Environmental management
Field of Expertise: Project Management
Work Experience: 2-5 years
Work Status: 40 hours per week.
Preferred Candidates: Local and international jobseekers invited to apply
Benefits included: For international candidates: accommodation, transport, insurance to be discussed
Our client is a young and fast growing cocoa trading company that has the ambition to connect the cocoa supply chain participants in the most efficient and effective way. Sustainability is a key pillar of the company.
Your key responsibilities will be to
• Execute and up-scale sustainability activities, in collaboration with partners like GiZ, FIRCA, ICRAF, UTZ Certified. Current sustainability programs include:
o A cocoa agroforestry program
o A biodiversity program with Payment for Ecosystem services
o A cook stove and biofuel program
• Support our M&E data collection with field staff from our cocoa suppliers;
• Report to clients on project indicators and report internally on realized budgets;
• Support 2-pager reviews on various sustainability topics to share findings with the cocoa industry.
Skills we are looking for
• An academic degree in agriculture, forestry, environmental management or other related fields;
• At least 2 years of experience in project management
• A passionate and ambitious worker;
• Being a fast-growing company we are looking for a self-starter. You need to be efficient on an independent basis as well as staying in close collaboration in an international team;
• You need to be innovative and driven to continuously improve our projects and procedures
• Fluent in English and French;
• Bush proof, you will spend a week per month with cocoa suppliers and on plantations.
What they offer
You will be part of a fast-growing company and broad network with excellent future career opportunities. They offer substantial freedom in your work, daily sustainability topics, and personal development. You will learn about the newest tools and programs to bring a positive change to cocoa farmer livelihoods and environment.