Our client is one of the major exporters of cocoa and coffee beans and also a major processor and exporter of cashews in Ivory Coast.
We are looking for a reliable, organized Management Trainee to help management develop and implement our growth strategies. This position is best suited for candidates who want to gain valuable experience in a managerial role with advancement potential, in an African context.
What is a management trainee?
A management trainee works under the supervision of managers and executives in the organisations in this case the owners. Their goal is to acquire all essential knowledge to become future managers, often in particular fields, such as purchasing, sales, sustainability or operations.
What does a management trainee do?
Management trainees may often rotate to different company departments (e.g. Finance, Sales, Marketing, Logistic, Quality, etc.) to learn all company functions, policies, and staff duties. They contribute to strategic planning and help evaluate employee and department performance.
During your on-the-job training, you’ll learn how to identify and apply important strategies and business processes. You’ll get to know the nuts and bolts of the company’s functions and operations and you’ll support our management team with daily tasks such as allocating budget and crafting performance reports. To succeed in this role, strong analytical skills and effective communication are important management trainee qualifications you should have.
Management trainee duties include:
• Understanding how a company operates
• Supporting managers with various tasks
• Learning to evaluate performance
• Completing all assigned tasks and assisting with day-to-day operations.
• Participating in meetings, workshops, and other learning opportunities.
• Gaining knowledge of company policies, protocols and processes.
• Taking detailed notes and liaising with Managers, Supervisors, and other senior staff.
• Fulfilling any requirements and meeting goals set out at the start of the traineeship.
• Following all company regulations, and health and safety codes.
• Preparing documents and updating records.
• Traveling to different places (upcountry) and participating in daily operations as required.
Requirements and skills:
• A minimum Bachelor’s degree with maximum 4 years off full-time working experience in Management or Business
• Experience in management role or similar/relevant field (e.g. Operations, Finance, Logistic, QA, Sustainability, Certification, etc.)
• Strong leadership skills, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Strong verbal and written presentation skills
• Excellent math and computational ability
• Excellent communication skills
• Willingness to work overtime if required and excellent time management skills
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Fluent in English & Dutch. French is preferred
What is on offer:
• A fantastic learning curve in an international company in Ivory Coast
• Plenty opportunity for growth
• Long term cooperation
• Interesting package and benefits
We are looking forward to hear from you !