For a European non profit organization active in the Agribusiness we are recruiting a Business Advisor in Côte D'Ivoire.
As a business advisor, you are a coach and advisor of our clients (farmer cooperatives and organisations). You are a real dealmaker, tirelessly creating opportunities how to better serve our clients and how-to better position the organization as the number one cooperative specialist in the country. You are an advisor, networker and broker having the lead in acquisition and marketing of our services. You provide expert advice, monitor advisory trajectories with clients and you have an advisory and brokerage role in the closing of deals with, among others, donors, multilateral agencies, trust funds and the private sector. In order to achieve this, networking is your second nature, leveraging the potential of our network comprising of cooperatives and farmers’ organisations, government institutions and all other stakeholders relevant for cooperative development.
• Provide business development advice to and facilitate change management within cooperatives that will allow for the realisation of business growth potential.
• Acquisition and marketing of the organization's services and products related to cooperative business development.
• Materialise opportunities to finance business plans of cooperatives, support the establishment of contacts and negotiate business agreements with banks, investors and other financiers (governments and the business sector).
• Provide both clients and the team of business advisors with coaching and guidance relating to change trajectories and stakeholder management, to promote the interests of farmers, associations and cooperatives, particularly to the authorities of Ivory Coast.
• Overall program and operational management, reporting and budgeting.
• Position the organization in Ivory Coast and West Africa as the number one service provider in cooperative business development.
• A bachelor’s degree in business economics, finance or a similar field.
• Background in impact investment, finance and/or banking is an asset.
• Extensive experience in and knowledge of one or more fields in which the organization achieves results, such as cooperative business development, market chain development, agricultural service provision, entrepreneurship, governance, and financial management.
• Relevant practical knowledge of and experience in the agri & food and/or cooperative sector
• Proven experience in programme management with solid reporting and writing skills.
• High level of proficiency in French and English.
• Enthusiastic, focused on results and service and skilled in coaching and change management.
• Familiar with self-steering and team dynamics
What the organization has to offer
A position that requires you to be highly self-reliant and use your pioneering skills in order to operate in dynamic international markets and in close cooperation with the agricultural business sector. The work environment is collegial and ambitious, and the focus is on achieving impact. As a business advisor, you will be part of a new and still small Ivory Coast team of business advisors as well as a part of the Africa team. The working conditions and additional benefits are good. The salary offered will depend on your experience, age and family situation.
Are you interested in becoming a Business Advisor in Côte D'Ivoire? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.