Project Manager Entrepreneurship, Training, Employment (m/f/x) – Guinea (Kindia)
Enabel is the Belgian Development Agency. It implements Belgian government cooperation. The Agency also implements actions for other national and international organisations. Together with its Belgian and international partners, Enabel provides solutions to address pressing global challenges – climate change, urbanization, human mobility, peace and security, social and economic inequalities – and to promote global citizenship. With 2,000 employees, Enabel manages some 170 projects in some twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
The new 2023-2028 cooperation program in Guinea (€34M) aims to strengthen the economic, social and environmental resilience of vulnerable populations, especially youth and women, enabling sustainable human development in Guinea. It will be implemented through 4 interventions:
- sustainable agriculture to support food security;
- economic integration of young people and women;
- women's empowerment, women's leadership, sexual and reproductive health and GBV;
- Facility to support fragility, innovation and territorial dynamics
The intervention on economic integration aims to support young people and women, employees and entrepreneurs, to develop their employability, their professionalization and their ability to occupy or create decent and sustainable jobs.
Gender and inclusion, climate change and the environment, innovation, digitalisation and decent work are cross-cutting themes across all interventions.
Description of the function
As a project manager you are responsible for:
- ensure the integration of all areas of intervention management (content/scope, planning, budget, quality, etc.);
- coordinate and ensure the implementation of activities in accordance with agreed agreements and defined procedures to achieve project results;
- Lead the team under your line responsibility;
- prepare and ensure the technical, administrative and operational follow-up of subsidy agreements, public procurement and cooperation agreements;
- prepare the terms of reference and ensure the technical and administrative follow-up of the provision of services, supply contracts and works contracts, in compliance with public procurement rules;
- support the people identifiedby the partner to lead change processes and contribute to capacity building of partner structures;
- coordinate the learning process on how an intervention contributes to the development of a sector;
- ensure strategic coherence of the intervention with other interventions in the field of entrepreneurship, training and employment (notably the EU-funded PAIED project).
- contribute to the integration of human rights and gender aspects, environmental impact aspects and fair trade in the proposed strategies, give priority to support for MSMEs, markets and value chains that can have an impact on the creation of decent jobs.
Level of training required
- Master in Economics and Management, Economics or similar orientation.
- 5 years of experience in managing international development projects;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the field of entrepreneurship, training and economic integration, among others: the development of tailor-made and quality services for the support of entrepreneurs with high growth potential, the development of public-private partnerships for the development of skills based on the needs of the job market, the development of entrepreneurial paths and training adapted to the needs of different target audiences (growth entrepreneurs, young people further away from the job market, women entrepreneurs, etc.), female entrepreneurship, access to finance;
- Experience in multi-stakeholder territorial development related to entrepreneurship, and training-employment matching;
- Experience in managing multicultural teams;
- Minimum relevant work experience outside his/her home country;
Required skills and knowledge
- Great ability to communicate, exchange and listen to the different actors
- Ability to propose innovative solutions to adapt to a changing environment;
- In-depth knowledge of project management methodologies;
- Monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Excellent management skills and real interest in team management (motivate, develop, ...) ;
- You are results-oriented;
- You speak and write fluently in French or Dutch. Given the working language in Guinea and the international context in which you will be working, an excellent knowledge of French is therefore required. Knowledge of English is an asset to be able to participate in the capitalization of experiences at Enabel and contribute to the expertise of the organization in employment, training, entrepreneurship.
You undertake to respect the vision, mission and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/fr/content/vision-mission-valeurs-de-enabel).
We offer you
- A varied and rewarding function in an international environment.
- A 47-month contract based in Kindia with travel 30% of the time
- You are engaged within Enabel in the function of "Intervention Manager". The salary package for this function corresponds to our scale (class 6) and includes the gross monthly salary, as well as benefits related to your expatriate status within Enabel such as an allowance for remoteness, assignment, arduousness, coverage of housing costs (capped), a moving allowance, installation, coverage of school fees for accompanying children (capped), An insurance package for the whole family including repatriation insurance, return plane tickets once a year for the whole family, etc.
- In case of expatriation without family members (dependents), up to 6 additional return air tickets per year to the country of origin or any other destination (capped according to Enabel regulations).
The different amounts vary according to the relevant experience recognized for the function and the family composition.
This publication may give rise to the constitution of a recruitment reserve for a period of 3 years for any similar function.
Our vacancies are open to anyone who meets the conditions described in the job offers. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity among its staff. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability or any factor other than competence.
Apply, no later than 14/09/2023, here and attach your updated CV and cover letter.
Only applications submitted via the link above will be considered.