Enabel is the Belgian Development Agency. It implements Belgian government cooperation. The Agency also implements actions for other national and international organisations. Together with its Belgian and international partners, Enabel provides solutions to address pressing global challenges – climate change, urbanization, human mobility, peace and security, social and economic inequalities – and to promote global citizenship. With 2,000 employees, Enabel manages some 170 projects in some twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
The new 2023-2028 cooperation program in Guinea (€34M) aims to strengthen the economic, social and environmental resilience of vulnerable populations, especially youth and women, enabling sustainable human development in Guinea. It will be implemented through 4 interventions:
- sustainable agriculture to support food security,
- economic integration of young people and women,
- women's empowerment, women's leadership, sexual and reproductive health and GBV and
- Facility to support fragility, innovation and territorial dynamics
The objective of the intervention is to improve the empowerment of girls and women in the intervention area. This includes better access to quality sexual and reproductive health rights and services, including for survivors of gender-based violence. The intervention will focus on increasing women's resilience in their environment, their access to basic social services, their enjoyment of fundamental human rights and their civic participation. The intervention includes three axes: strengthening institutional actors and civil society to improve women's empowerment; strengthening access to and quality of sexual and reproductive health services; and holistic care for survivors of gender-based violence.
Gender and inclusion, climate change and the environment, innovation, digitalization and decent work are cross-cutting themes across all interventions.
Description of the function
As a Project Manager you are responsible for:
- ensure the integration of all areas of intervention management (content/scope, planning, budget, quality, etc.);
- coordinates and ensures the implementation of activities in accordance with agreed agreements and defined procedures to achieve objectives;
- support the people identified by the partner to lead the change process and contribute to the capacity building of partner structures;
- prepare and monitor subsidy agreements, service contracts and cooperation agreements;
- prepare the terms of reference and monitor the provision of services, in compliance with public procurement rules;
- coordinate the learning process on how an intervention contributes to the development of a sector;
- lead the team under your hierarchical responsibility (5 people);
- Strengthen synergies and strategic coherence of the intervention with other interventions in the area of sexual and reproductive health and women's rights
- Ensure coherence of the intervention with national strategies, health development plans, national gender policy and related documents
Level of training required
- Master's or PhD in Public Health or Reproductive Health, Sociology or Gender.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the strategic and operational management of a programme/portfolio of projects in the field of health;
- 5 years of experience in the field of gender mainstreaming and/or in the implementation and coordination of civil society support projects in the areas of gender, women's rights, the rights of people in vulnerable situations, the promotion of gender equality, advocacy;
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in supporting the strengthening of sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) in fragile contexts;
- Experience in supporting change processes, monitoring and evaluation of action research and capitalization of development results;
- Experience in deploying a global strategy of actions in the field of Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Minimum relevant work experience outside his/her home country;
Required skills and knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of project management methodologies;
- Practical knowledge of cross-cutting themes: digital, innovation, environment, migration, decent work;
- Excellent management skills and real interest in team management (motivate, develop, ...) ;
- You are results-oriented;
- Strong interpersonal skills: facilitation, accompaniment, negotiation, flexibility, empathetic attitude, networking in a multicultural context;
- Monitoring and evaluation skills;
- You speak and write fluently in French or Dutch. Given the working language in Guinea and the international context in which you will be working, an excellent knowledge of French is therefore required. Knowledge of English is an asset to be able to participate in the capitalization of experiences at Enabel and contribute to the organization's expertise in employment, training, entrepreneurship.
You undertake to respect the vision, mission and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/fr/content/vision-mission-valeurs-de-enabel).
We offer you
- A varied and rewarding function in an international environment.
- A 47-month contract based in Kindia with frequent travel (30% of the time)
- You are engaged within Enabel in the function of "Intervention Manager. The salary package for this function corresponds to our scale (class 6) and includes the gross monthly salary, as well as benefits related to your expatriate status within Enabel such as an allowance for remoteness, assignment, arduousness, coverage of housing costs (capped), a moving allowance, installation, coverage of school fees for accompanying children (capped), An insurance package for the whole family including repatriation insurance, return plane tickets once a year for the whole family, etc.
- In case of expatriation without family members (dependents), up to 6 additional return air tickets per year to the country of origin or any other destination (capped according to Enabel regulations).
The different amounts vary according to the relevant experience recognized for the function and the family composition.
This publication may give rise to the constitution of a recruitment reserve for a period of 3 years for any similar function.
Our vacancies are open to anyone who meets the conditions described in the job offers. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity among its staff. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability or any factor other than competence.
Apply, no later than 14/09/2023, here and attach your updated CV and cover letter.
Only applications submitted via the link above will be considered.