We are recruiting a Country Coordinator Regional in Ghana for an NGO that operates worldwide.
Statement of Work
• Under the supervision of the company's Program Director in Mali and Resident Program Officer in Mali, the selected Contractor will serve – in his/her country of assignment – as the main focal point with domestic stakeholders.
• In this capacity, the Contractor will liaise, engage, and maintain contact with civil society organizations, government agencies, local and national government focal points, regional organizations focal points, religious and community leaders, etc. to facilitate the implementation of this project and ensure buy-in and continuous engagement of those stakeholders.
• The Contractor will take a significant role in activity implementation, providing logistical arrangements, identifying local service providers, identifying potential problems and providing relevant solutions to prevent activity delays, ensuring relevant and necessary follow-up including for monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) purposes with local partners and activity participants and beneficiaries, and monitoring domestic civil society partners’ activity progress and compliance with contract terms.
• The Contractor will ensure the timely, complete, and accurate submission of deliverables from government and civil society partners and will liaise with the organization's staff––including the Program Director, Resident Program Officer, and MEL Specialist––to approve such deliverables.
• The Contractor will contribute observations and analysis to program reports and external communications materials, when necessary, in order to ensure robust programmatic deliverables.
• The Contractor will attend and, for some of them, lead project’s activities at the national and sub-national levels and, when necessary, in neighboring countries, and will report to the organization.
• The Contractor will attend and report on non-project-related events or discussions that may take place in the country of assignment and that will be relevant to the project and the overall strategy in the country and region.
• The Contractor will submit bi-monthly reports that include updates on activity progress and thorough analysis on political, social, and security-related issues in the country of assignment and the target communities.
• Availability to commit for an approximative 24-month duration.
• Master’s Degree in international relations, law, political science, or related subject.
• Legal authorization to work in the following countries: Burkina Faso, Togo, Benin, Ghana, and Côte d’Ivoire is required.
• Excellent knowledge of the social, political, and cultural situation and landscape of the country assignment.
• Complete fluency (native or advanced professional level) in written and spoken English and French. Candidates with fluent French and intermediate English will be considered.
• A minimum of three (3) years relevant professional work experience in Sahelian and West African littoral countries at the local, national, and/or international levels implementing programming in the field of democracy, governance, peacebuilding, and/or countering violent extremism (CVE).
• Established relationships with national government and civil society stakeholders on issues of peacebuilding, governance, and CVE.
• Expertise (past experience, thought leadership, or a combination of both) on preventing/countering violent extremism strongly preferred.
• A minimum of two (2) years of experience working with marginalized populations.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a sensitive political environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work as a member of an internationally and culturally diverse team, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
• Exceptional interpersonal and managerial skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of local stakeholders and foreign government personnel.
• Excellent presentation and verbal and written communications skills to effectively present information in a clear and persuasive manner.
• Analytical skills for interpreting complex program and political issues.
Are you interested in becoming a Country Coordinator Regional in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.