For an international client in Ghana, we are recruiting a Quality Assurance Manager. This person ensures the highest quality standards and is a Focussed and highly proactive Quality Assurance Manager to lead the team and seeking to create fruit juice products that exceeds the expectations of the customers.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Managing day to day tasks within the Quality Assurance department, ensuring internal compliance with our Quality Management Systems and externally with all legislative requirements.
• Managing the analysis programme ensuring all samples are tested to an approved schedule, non-conformances are investigated, and corrective actions closed out.
• Managing the suppler auditing programme, ensuring audits are conducted and corrective actions are closed out in a timely manner.
• Working closely with other internal departments to ensure continuous quality improvement
• Maintains all Product Quality and Safety polices, procedure, processes and standards of the company
• Audits all required process control systems (HACCP, GMPs, Cleaning, Pest Control, Food Hygiene etc).
• Evaluates customer product complaints, expectations, needs and special demands.
• Investigates and action any potential recalls
• Manages customer product complaints, expectations, needs and special demands.
• Coordinates with Procurement to source for processing aids and materials.
• Maintains company relationships with national and international regulatory bodies.
• Provides technical advice on quality and food safety to upper Management
• Coordinates with Production to plan and carry out production.
• Coordinates with Operations in implementation of Environment, Health and Safety Program.
• Supervises food quality and safety management team.
• Assists product development and marketing.
• Manages the QA team to high performance by setting up KPI’s and conducting Performance Management identifying skills shortages, training, etc.
• Generating key technical KPI data and compiling reports.
• Ensure adequate training of QA/Production staff to equip them with required skills in the discharge of their duties.
• Driving continuous improvement throughout the Quality Assurance department.
• Providing technical guidance to the buying and Quality Assurance teams and ensuring team members are driven, motivated and working towards quality driven results for the business
Education and Experience:
• Degree educated or equivalent in Food Science, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Food Business, Biotechnology, Food/Process/Chemical Engineering, Biological Science.
• Proven, substantial experience working either in food manufacturing or equivalent managerial role in food processing, quality and safety management, total quality management, managing quality in marketing.
• Experience in the fruit juice industry an advantage.
• Experience managing a small team in a similar position.
• Experience in direct customer and supplier interfaces.
• Excellent knowledge of HACCP and QMS standards
• Firm grasp of Microbiology, food preservation technology and consumer behavior.
• Deep knowledge in quality and food safety management systems including HACCP.
• Fluent written and spoken English – Essential
• Fluent written and spoken second language – Desirable
• Experience Company ERP systems (ideally SAP Business One)
• Interpersonal Skills
• Decision Making
• Problem Solving
• Planning and Organizing
• Valuing Service and Diversity
Are you interested in becoming a Quality Assurance Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.