BitPesa (www.bitpesa.co) is a cutting-edge online payment platform that leverages Blockchain settlement to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to, from and within sub-Saharan Africa. BitPesa's clients range from African businesses and multinational companies paying suppliers as far as China and Dubai to international remittance companies using our API services for white-label payments to dozens of bank networks and mobile money operators across Nigeria, Ghana, Uganda, Tanzania, Senegal, and the DRC.
Our diverse team of over 60 employees spans across Nairobi, Lagos, Dakar, London and Luxembourg and includes former employees of Barclays, Credit Suisse, Wells Fargo, Moneygram, Deloitte Consulting, and PwC. We have raised nearly $10 million in funding from institutional investors including Greycroft Partners, Draper Associates, Pantera Capital, and Digital Currency Group.
Our company values are Teamwork, Excellence, Flexibility/Creativity, Integrity, and Passion.
As the Sales Consultant, you will be responsible for generating, qualifying and helping close sales leads in Ghana for BitPesa’s cross-border payments service. As the target market is mid-large corporate clients, you must bring a high-value network of key decision-makers in mid-large businesses to this opportunity. This presents an exciting way to get involved, earn additional income and help take Africa’s leading digital FX company to the next level. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable in a dynamic, growing startup, and equally comfortable networking with Executives and analyzing sales metrics.
- Source and qualify leads that satisfy internal criteria
- Create and execute a sales plan including but not limited to outlining a list of prospective clients and 6 month sales projections.
- Adhere to the sales process set out by the company to acquire clients
- Ensure that new clients are won and trade large volumes ( > $1million per month) at profitable rates
- Effectively liaise with internal and external stakeholders when required, to move deals forward in the sales process (working with Compliance, Finance, or Product)
- Set an example of leadership, disciplined work, and cooperative team culture
- Develop quarterly, monthly, and weekly plans with specific, measurable goals
- Hold meetings with potential clients following the sales process set internally
- Keep sales tools up to date regularly to clearly identify status and success during sales process
- Collect data from potential clients and coordinate with internal teams to complete each sale
- Calculate ROI on acquired clients to measure the success of the sale
- Actively participate in weekly meetings, providing updates and comprehensive weekly/monthly reports of sales activities and results to internal key stakeholders
- Seasoned Ghanaian professional with >10 years experience in sales and marketing or financial services, ideally in payments/money transfer, e-money, mobile money in Ghana
- Large network of local decision-makers within potential corporate clients
- Proven track record of developing and closing complex sales deals from the ground up
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, presentation, and listening skills
- Creative problem solver with the ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and focus on strategic, long-term goals
- Advanced Microsoft Office and Google Suite Tools skills along with the willingness and ability to become familiar with company-specific sales tools/software
- Passionate about our mission to redefine how businesses make payments to and from Africa
- Willingness to be based in Accra and travel within Ghana
- University Degree
You will be hired as a contractor and compensation will be based on an incentive structure
Are you interested in becoming a Sales Consultant in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.
Note: This is a job advertisement, applications will be forwarded to the employer for selection. JobnetAfrica believes all applicants should get feedback, good or bad, but are not further involved in the recruitment for this particular vacancy.