Also known as HR Manager or Head of HR.
The main responsibility of the HR Director is to enable a high performance culture by driving and developing a strategic people perspective through the management team and in collaboration with managers. This is achieved through structured and proactive HR work creating conditions for top performing employees contributing to business objectives. Ensuring that policies and processes are defined, implemented and maintained to meet the demands of a changing business environment.
Strategic HR organisational development
- Developing the HR plan and strategy for the Business Unit also ensuring implementation and follow up.
- Succession and Management Planning
- Carrying out workforce planning to make sure competences are meeting business demands
- Developing and implementing policies, procedures
- Create an HR Business Plan together with the managing director
- Contributing to the business plan and strategy of the business unit
- Working with organizational development by adapting the company structure to business needs
- Bringing HR perspective to the management team
Strategic HR Development
- Creating and developing the main tools, processes and ways of working with Human Resources for the organization, also considering support of managers
- Implementing and maintaining the company's global HR-processes
- Attracting, recruiting and retaining competent people in a systematic way
- Creating a strong employer brand
HR Administration and Support
- Making sure HR related reporting, controlling, and other administrative processes are running
- Making sure the operations have a proper Compensations and Benefit structure
- Preparing of budget for the department
- Handling conflicts and mediating when needed.
Organizational Change Management
- Supporting the Business in Change Management initiatives and projects
- Ensuring good execution of change for the organization and business when needed
Manage HR Compliance
- Ensurin compliance of the organization’s policies, HR legislations, safety regulations, collective agreements and guidelines, BU policies, and also labour relations
- Working with Works Council and unions
- Making sure of proper management of terminations
Manage the HR team (HR, SRS and Health & Safety)
- Motivating, managing and leading the team towards timely and high quality service with good employee satisfaction
- Coaching individuals to improve the daily work and employee satisfaction
- Conducting and acting upon personal development talks, succession planning, employee satisfaction surveys and competence and performance management
- Establishing a meeting structure where information is shared and exchanged, performance is followed-up, and improvements take place
- Ensuring that there is a remuneration system in place that motivates the staff and that is working according to the set principles, values and strategy
Health & Safety Development
- Ensuring and supporting implementation of safety and health regulations, procedures and policies in daily work
- Creating and safeguarding a safe, sustainable and healthy work environment for all employees
- Supporting the work with continuous improvements regarding safety and health
Qualification and Experiences
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in HR Management or similar. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- At least 10 years’ of experience working in an HR management role
- Exposure working in a multicultural and multinational environment
- Being able to implement organizational HR practices and policies
- Extensive managerial and leadership experience preferably in the business to business industry.
Are you interested in becoming an HR Director in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.