Our client creates sustainable and affordable mobility solutions with the aim to be at the forefront of the automotive industrialisation in Africa. We are looking for an experienced and versatile Head of Engineering to step into an exciting new role of driving the design, engineering and manufacturing of the first electric car in Africa.
It's a global, fast-paced, dynamic environment in a unique and pioneering enterprise with a sustainable mission. We hire outstanding professionals and give them the opportunity to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere that values learning, growth, and hard work.
• Build and supervise the technical team responsible for design & development of the company's electric car to finish functional prototypes.
• Instruct internal and external team technical members and deeply understand the engineering and integration process across all domains (chassis, body, interior, exterior, powertrain, electrical).
• Work in an international team and relate to experts, management, suppliers and process partners in Ghana, in Germany and other places.
• Take responsibility for viable technical solutions that will take the company's EV from prototype to mass production.
• Investigate and implement relevant technology partnerships for supply components and engineering services.
• Enable technical team and external cooperation partners to achieve technical product targets.
• Install quality assurance system.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
• 8+ years of experience in engineering incl. 2-3 years in leadership
• Extensive knowledge of a full vehicle manufacturing process
• Some experience in electric vehicle manufacturing
• Experience at strategic level for technological analyses and research
• Experience in financial and production planning
• A background of working in Africa or desire to do so
• A cost-efficient mindset
• A strong communicator with good negotiation skills
• Great leadership and managerial skills with the ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions
• Ability to inspire confidence and create trust
• Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate
• Ready for extensive international exposure and reporting into the shareholder office (Germany)
• Recognized high-profile education and degree in Engineering or related field; MBA or other relevant business degree is a plus
Are you interested in becoming a Head of Engineering in Ghana ? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page or contact inari@jobnetafrica with your application.