Our client is a leading producer and supplier of premium quality oils and fats for the food manufacturing industry. Since they want to expand their export market, they are looking for a Sales Manager for the West African region.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and establish potential customers for the sales initiative of the company
- Generate the sale of company products in the region in accordance to agreed sales targets
- Planning, Implementation and evaluation of critical initiatives that delivers market share and profit growth within assigned region.
- Embody company culture and maintain high sales engagement with customers
- Develop and maintain an efficient distribution network to ensure constant availability of company’s products and services across the region to achieve or exceed agreed targets
- Ensure accurate delivery of product request at a timely manner
- Gather market data or intelligence on competitor activity.
schedules and provide customers with superior levels of service to meet the needs of the customer
- Establish and ensure that sales administration policies and procedures relating to the scope of work are properly implemented to support the company’s efforts to achieve sales targets
- Maintain and develop good relationship with customers through personal contact or meetings or via telephone
- Ensure efficient gathering of market and customer information to enhance price negotiations
- Ensure accurate records of orders and sales figures
- Identify and inform management on trade trends within the vegetable oil industry
- Design and lead major initiatives within assigned region with the aim of gaining advantage over the competition.
Performs any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
Maintain contacts with all departments especially finance team on matters concerning payment from customers.
Responsibility for Company Asset
Has responsibility to ensure all assets of the company are maintained properly.
1. Educational Qualification
• BSc Marketing or Administration
2. Previous Experience
• A minimum of 5 years’ sales experience with oil and fat industry (must have)
• Sales experience within the West African Region
3. Technical Skills
• Ability to identify potential markets
• Good negotiation skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Excellent analytical and reporting skills
• Working experience in the West Africa Region
• Fluency in French ( huge preference)
• High level integrity
• Self-driven result oriented
• Can do attitude and persistent
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Time Management : Uses time effectively and efficiently
• Nationals from Ghana or West African countries are highly preferred for this position