For our client, a big player in the African agricultural sector, we are seeking a Senior Agricultural Advisor (SAA) to join their project development team in Ghana.
The Advisor will play a an important role within the company in Ghana, as part of the commercial agricultural team.
He will report to the Commercial Agriculture Director and will work closely with the company's project teams.
1. Project Development manager of a farming hub - 50%
2. Management support commercial agricultural businesses - 40%
3. Agricultural Advisor for Investment teams in West Africa (occasionally) - 10%
Project Development Manager:
- Responsible for overall project implementation
- Delivery of project activities
- Develop strategic partnerships with commercial farming companies
- Controlling the budget and that project policies are followed
- Implement the development of new farms
Management Support Commercial Agricultural Businesses
- Overseeing farm management
- Creating effective protocols for crop farming
- Oversight of operational budgets and monthly reports
- Management of the health, safety and environmental policies
- Evaluating current processes and identifing improvements
- Responsible for progress
- Assessment of investment opportunities
- Providing in depth agronomy information
- A university degree in agriculture or extensive experience in this field
- Direct experience in West Africa with managing agri-businesses
- Self-motivated with strong organisational skills
- Ability to deliver projects independently
- Manage other members of the team
Are you interested in becoming a Sr. Agricultural Advisor in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.