Location: Accra, but will be visiting various depots from time to time (North, South, West and Central Ghana
Start date: A.s.a.p.
Job brief We are looking for a high-performing Sales Manager within the fast moving goods sector (fish mongering/ fast moving consumer goods with short shelf live such as meat, fruits and vegetables, dairy products, and baked goods) to help us meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by keeping our company competitive and innovative. This person will be responsible for maximizing internal and regional sales team potential, crafting sales strategies and plans in line with the overall corporate strategy and justifying these to the management team.
• The sales manager will be in charge of making sure all 5 regional sales depots meet the company’s base quality standards and are equipped and resourced to meet monthly sales targets. Together with the Quality assurance manager the successful candidate will also be in charge of all core and support operations related to sales.
• Managing the 5 depots the Sales manager will look at new opportunities to further develop the market as well as the product.
• The Sales manager will work hand in hand with the Marketing manager to make sure that customers are brand aware.
• Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales team
• Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure it’s strong presence in existing as well as new markets.
• Own recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives
• Build and further promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships with existing partners working toward understanding their needs as well as making sure they are aligned with the company goals.
• Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to Finance as well as the management team
• Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
• BS/MS degree in business administration or a related field
• Successful previous experience as a sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
• Experience in the fast moving goods or agri/aquaculture sector, preferably in fish mongering/ fast moving consumer goods with short shelf live such as meat, fruits and vegetables, dairy products, and baked goods
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
• Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
• Strong business sense and industry expertise
• Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
• Excellent excel, word and PowerPoint skills
• High level analytical thinking
• High level of maths
Are you interested in becoming a Senior Sales Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.