Location: Akosombo with weekly visit to Accra Head Office
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior HR professional to head the company’s HR function, as a member of the management team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for heading HR for all sites and leading the development and implementation of HR strategies, programs and activities relating to workforce planning, recruitment and staffing, remuneration and benefits administration, labor relations, workforce training & development, HR records management and other relevant diversity initiatives.
The successful candidate will report directly to the CEO. All HR site managers will report directly to the Senior HR Manager.
• Develop HR strategies and administer HR policies and procedures
• Ensure compliance to the Labour Act
• Develop contracting controls and monitoring procedures
• Support in the implementation of a HRIS
• Support operational efforts through proper staffing and training of staff
• Conduct needs analysis, develop, implement, and monitor training programs
• Provide guidance for the determination of competitive and equitable employee compensation
• Plan and coordinate employee functions, suggestion programme, etc.
• Collaborate with the Corporate HR function for the provision of cohesive HR services to all employees
• Lead the coaching and counselling of employees to imbibe the service standards and procedures of the company
• Develop a method to gauge current labour cost with market cost to ensure cost effective recruitment
• Develop an efficient and effective employee appraisal system
Educational Qualifications / Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Human Resources, Industrial Relations or a related field. A Master’s Degree is preferable.
• Professional certification in HR and membership of a professional body
• Over six years working experience of which three years must be in management position
• Experience working in a foreign country and similar structure would be a huge advantage.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Extensive and progressively responsible executive experience with all facets of human resources and labour relations management including labour negotiations, developing and negotiating benefits programs, compensation and performance management, talent management and employee relations.
• In depth knowledge of employment laws in Ghana including labour relations law and practice and government regulations and policies as they impact HR
• Extensive understanding of Human Resources Strategic issues and challenges with the ability to conceptualize and implement Human Resources interventions
• Ability to establish and maintain trust, credibility and confidentiality
• Demonstrates a strong knowledge of organization change / culture transformation process, and dealing with changing situations
• Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS systems.
• General managerial / administration skills
• Team building / conflict management skills
• Coaching / Leadership / Negotiation skills
• Organization and coordination skills
People skills Generic Skills
• Initiative Entrepreneurship / taking ownership
• Analytical Skills / Negotiation Skills
• Self-Management / Interpersonal Skills
• Highly developed senior level management and leadership skills
• Determent and a good decision maker on strategic level
Are you interested in becoming a Senior HR Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.