Our client, a leading agricultural company, is seeking an astute, target‐driven, innovative General Manager. The General Manager should have a track record of strong integrity and should be willing to embrace and lead change in a dynamic and rapidly changing business environment. The business model is a farmer friendly business model working with smallholder farmers across the country.
As the General Manager, you will lead the team of Regional Managers in all commercial activities, which includes driving the sales of agro inputs and other products and services ensuring all certification and sustainable farmer development programmes are executed effectively. This role has profit centre responsibility and the concerned individual is responsible for all risks covering the business.
• Provide overall leadership and management, business strategy, procurement and risk planning, stakeholder management as well as hold responsibility for the achievement of overall business results. This also includes the achievement of the Profit & Loss of the business in line with approved budgets.
• Actively work with the Country Management to lead the strategic change in the business, provide continuous and real time feedback of the progress of the implementation of the strategy and advice necessary changes based on practical challenges.
• The General Manager shall be responsible for ensuring the business meets its financial and non-financial targets in addition to satisfying all stakeholders of the business.
• Provide weekly and/or monthly business reporting on operational performance as well as profitability, in line with reporting formats.
• Develop and execute the overall market strategy which includes:
- Tracking competitor activity and recommend and adjust the marketing strategy to be ahead of the competition.
- Developing sales and marketing strategies to achieve successful commercialization of products and services.
- Driving business innovation and implementing new technology.
• Ensure traceability processes and oversee certification requirements of clients in the business.
• Lead the resource planning, recruitment, performance management and development of a large team of Regional Managers in conjunction with HR.
• Essential: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, Agribusiness or other business related field. Desirable: MBA or Master’s degree in a related field
• At least 10 years’ commercial and management experience, including a minimum of five years at middle/senior management level.
• Knowledge and experience of Agric commodity, rural sector, farming communities, agribusiness products and distribution channels are an advantage.
• Proven track record of developing and leading high performing marketing/sales teams at regional or national level, ideally with a multi-national or Blue Chip company.
• Must be able to work effectively with others, develop and nurture a team and promote collaboration within and across multiple locations.
• Must have analytical, conceptual, strategic and planning abilities as well as target driven, performance and bottom-line orientation.
• Excellent leadership and management skills
• High levels of Integrity
• Impeccable prioritization and organizational skills
• Exceptional interpersonal and people management skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Outstanding communication skills both written and oral
• Strong diplomacy skills
• Attention to detail
• Good knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel is a must
Core Value & Demands of the job
• Ability to obtain the right information and make brief recommendations for any changes you consider necessary to carry out your tasks in the most effective way.
• Ability to have diplomatic skills to manage the external environment and other stakeholders in order to enhance the reputation of the company.
• Ability to actively set a vision for the business, gaining alignment and maintaining morale and team spirit
• Ability to drive business results and display entrepreneurship at the local level
• Ability to implement effective customer management across all channels
• Ability to cope with fast pace, ever changing environment
• Robust, adaptable and being able to work around the clock
• Ability to travel extensively across the regions
• Ability to develop a strong network and leverage on personal network
• Must have the self-awareness, integrity and coaching skills to model the values of the company
Are you interested in becoming a General Manager in Ghana? Apply now at the top or bottom of our page.